StumbleUpon top 5 rated websites: Pikachu cat, future genius
Friday 18 February 2011
A look at this week's top-rated websites from StumbleUpon, recorded on February 18.
This week's selection includes a photo of a kitten edited to make it look like Pokémon character Pikachu, an animated GIF of a baby using a pillow to help it climb over a baby gate, a post arguing that it's absurd for Star Trek ships to always encounter each other without one being upside down (website is currently showing a 404 error), photos of abandoned and ruined buildings in Detroit, a TED video of Jake Shimabukuro playing Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" on a ukulele, and an article about the 15 different styles of distorted thinking.
2. Future Genius - Baby Devises Ingenious Plan to Climb Over Baby Gate
3. Space and the Y Axis | Clever Things to Say
4. Captured: The Ruins of Detroit
5. Jake Shimabukuro plays Bohemian Rhapsody
6. EWU | 15 Styles of Distorted Thinking
Added because third place result is currently returning a 404 error.
Jo from Northern Ireland was less than impressed by Russell Brand's attempt to stage a publicity stunt
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Service Desk Analyst (App...
£35000 per annum + Benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: 3rd Line Support Engine...
£32000 - £38000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Serv...
£38000 - £44000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Virt...