StumbleUpon top 5 rated websites: web alternatives to desktop software, the rave toilet
Friday 06 August 2010
A look at this week's top-rated websites from StumbleUpon, recorded on August 6.
This week's selection includes an article about 15 free web-based programs that replace popular desktop computer software, a GIF animation of a basketball mascot falling flat onto his face, a picture of birds skateboarding in a sink, photos of Scarlett Johansson taken by Sheryl Nields, and an image and video showing what happens when you flush 32 glow sticks down a toilet.
1. 15 Web Alternatives to Popular Desktop Software
3. oh hai
4. Scarlett Johansson by Sheryl Nields - Touchpuppet
5. The Rave Toilet: Who Knew Flushing Glow Sticks Would Be This Awesome?
Presents unwrapped, turkey gobbled... it's time to relax
Life & Style blogs
Should doctors and patients learn to plan humane, happier endings rather than trying to prolong life?
Black Friday: Best beauty deals
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Black Friday: best UK tech deals on iPads, Macs, PS4 and more
Black Friday: From Bicester Village to Amazon, best fashion deals
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Plebgate: Andrew Mitchell’s reputation in tatters as judge rules he used the word ‘pleb’
- 1 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive is required t...
£25000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a team player who likes...
£50000 - £55000 per annum: Langley James : Head of IT; e-commerce; Blackburn; ...
£90000 - £140000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: Are you a high achievin...