Taiwan's HTC unveils 4G tablet
Thursday 01 September 2011
Taiwan's leading smartphone maker HTC unveiled its first tablet device with 4G telecommunications technology on Thursday.
Fourth generation - 4G - technology provides high-speed broadband wireless services and higher quality image and data services.
The HTC Jetstream is due to hit the US market on Sunday, offered by telecom giant AT&T for $699.99 with a two-year contract, the manufacturer said.
The tablet will be equipped with a 10.1-inch (26 centimetre) screen and use Google's Android 3.1 platform.
Analysts are not expecting big sales as the next generation telecommunication technology, Long Term Evolution (LTE), has yet to penetrate the market significantly.
Life & Style blogs
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
- 1 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 2 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 3 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 4 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
- 5 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Real finally get their man with £29m bid for Manchester United goalkeeper
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leader in the e-cigarette ...
£32000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With extensive experience and a...