Taiwan's HTC unveils 4G tablet
Thursday 01 September 2011
Taiwan's leading smartphone maker HTC unveiled its first tablet device with 4G telecommunications technology on Thursday.
Fourth generation - 4G - technology provides high-speed broadband wireless services and higher quality image and data services.
The HTC Jetstream is due to hit the US market on Sunday, offered by telecom giant AT&T for $699.99 with a two-year contract, the manufacturer said.
The tablet will be equipped with a 10.1-inch (26 centimetre) screen and use Google's Android 3.1 platform.
Analysts are not expecting big sales as the next generation telecommunication technology, Long Term Evolution (LTE), has yet to penetrate the market significantly.
Life & Style blogs
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Graduate UI Application Developer - ...