The most popular Diggs: 'Fox News makes you stupid,' Facebook takes over the news
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on December 21.
1. Study Confirms That Fox News Makes You Stupid - an article about a study that shows Fox News viewers are "significantly more misinformed than consumers of news from other sources."
2. This Great eBay Scam Will Warm Your Heart - an eBay scam that catches out a woman that bid on an item and didn't want to pay.
3. Come On........FACEBOOK - a screenshot of The Washington Post showing an overload of links to social networking site Facebook.
4. Jon Stewart to Republicans: You Can't Exploit 9/11 Anymore - a video of The Daily Show host Jon Stewart calling out Congress and the media for not prioritizing a bill that would provide health care for the 9/11 first responders.
5. This is what Niagara Falls looks like with the water turned off - photos of Niagara falls completely devoid of water after engineers temporarily diverted the flow away from the falls in 1969.
Life & Style blogs
Plus London's buy-to-let hotspots and a new property portal
Guest post by Richard Sexton, business development director of e.surv chartered surveyors
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
The ten best home phones
Facial hair: Cat beards and the purrrsuit of excellence
Microsoft's Xbox One: Have the price (£399) and release date (30 November) been leaked by online retailer Zavvi?
Xbox One vs PlayStation 4: Why Microsoft's console name game just doesn't add up
The 10 Best salt and pepper sets
- 1 Pope Francis: Being an atheist is alright as long as you do good
- 2 'He was always smiling': Lee Rigby named as Woolwich victim
- 3 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 4 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
- 5 Two bailed after arrest over Woolwich attack Twitter comments
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.