The most popular Diggs: pirating vs. renting DVDs, Facebook setting you should change
Tuesday 01 February 2011
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on February 1.
1. Fox & Friends Segment Replaces SOTU Audience Laughter And Applause With Cricket Sound Effects - a video in which laughter is replaced by the sound of crickets during President Obama's State of the Union Address.
2. This is what You get for Renting a DVD instead of Pirating it - a screenshot that shows the warning message: "Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection..."
3. Egypt Leaves the Internet - a blog post by internet monitoring company Renesys about the effects of Egypt's internet blackout on Egypt and the rest of the world.
4. Things That Always Happen in Movies, But Never Ever in Real Life - a cartoon that shows movie moments that never take place in real life.
5. The Facebook Setting You Should Change as Quickly as Possible - and an article that advises people to adopt Facebook's (opt-in only) option of using the encrypted "HTTPS" protocol when surfing the social network from unsecured networks.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
The magicians using online collaboration to push boundaries
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Life & Style blogs
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Ian Watkins: Police probed over earlier allegations as paedophile Lostprophets singer sentenced to 35 years for child sex offences
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber 'retiring from music'
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£25000 - £28000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: 2nd Line Support T...
£25000 - £28000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Email Campaign Exe...
£450 - £500 Per Day Flexible: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: EC1N 400-500/da...
£40000 - £60000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Business Developme...