The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on June 28.
1. Legislation To End U.S. Marijuana Prohibition Coming Thursday
The US is reportedly introducing a bill that would "allow states to legalize, tax regulate and control cannabis commerce without federal interference."
2. This is the problem with the American justice system
Two news articles highlighting flaws in the American justice system. The first relates to an ex-CEO of a mortgage lending company who defrauded the company of $3 billion and was sentenced to 40 months in prison. The second relates to a homeless man who took a $100 bill from the bank and then turned himself into the police. He was promptly sentenced to 15 years in prison.
3. The Daily Show: Fox News's Lying Dynasty
A video of The Daily Show's Jon Stewart listing some of the false headlines that make up Fox News's "lying dynasty," according to political fact checker PolitiFact.com.
4. Woman Arrested for Videotaping Police From Front Yard
A woman videotapes the police as they arrest a man and is then arrested herself for "obstructing governmental administration" when she does not obey an order to go back inside her house.
5. Gay marriage legal in New York State after Senate passes historic bill 33-29
The New York State Senate passed a bill by a 33 to 29 margin to legalize gay marriage.