This week's most popular Diggs: Bill Consoles Steve About Jailbreaking, Lisa Simpson
Tuesday 03 August 2010
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on August 3.
1. Best Wendy's Review Ever - an online review of the food and staff at American fast-food chain, Wendy's.
2. The greatest park bench in history! - a park bench that features owls, fish, gargoyles - and Bender, a character from the animated TV series Futurama. Hosted on imgur.com.
3. Would You Be This Brave? - a photo hosted on www.prosebeforehos of a student in Iran protesting by holding a sign that reads: "Fascist President, Polytechnics [University] Is Not Your Place"
4. Bill Consoles Steve About Jailbreaking - a cartoon of Bill Gates (ex Microsoft CEO) and Steve Jobs (Apple CEO) discussing the future now it is no longer illegal to jailbreak an iPhone in the US. Hosted on tiepedia.com.
5. Lisa Simpson is Getting Married Sunday - a screenshot of Lisa Simpson's (a character from the popular animated TV series, The Simpsons) wedding invitation showing the date of August 1, 2010. The screenshot was taken from a 1995 episode that predicted Lisa's future. Hosted on funnybin.tumblr.com.
Life & Style blogs
World’s largest chocolate manufacturer adds voice to warnings of 'potential cocoa shortage by 2020'
We can't easily shut down Russian webcam hackers, admits Information Commissioner
GTA 5, Xbox One review: Next gen Los Santos is beautiful chaos
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Google launches subscription service for the internet to replace ad revenue online
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Muslims pre-date Columbus in discovering America,' says Turkish president Erdogan
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Former Tory PM Sir John Major says 'we would not have an NHS without migrants'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 Lee Evans announces his retirement from comedy on The Jonathan Ross Show
- 3 Iggy Azalea responds to Eminem rape lyrics: 'I'm bored of old men threatening young women'
- 4 These grandmas smoking weed for the first time are wonderful
- 5 Pastafarian former porn star Asia Lemmon allowed to wear colander in driving licence photo
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Customer Service Executive is required...
£37000 - £39000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: SQL Database Administrato...
£26000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Expanding creative studio requi...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Argyll Scott International: Senior Perl...