This week's most popular Diggs: Bill Consoles Steve About Jailbreaking, Lisa Simpson
Tuesday 03 August 2010
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on August 3.
1. Best Wendy's Review Ever - an online review of the food and staff at American fast-food chain, Wendy's.
2. The greatest park bench in history! - a park bench that features owls, fish, gargoyles - and Bender, a character from the animated TV series Futurama. Hosted on imgur.com.
3. Would You Be This Brave? - a photo hosted on www.prosebeforehos of a student in Iran protesting by holding a sign that reads: "Fascist President, Polytechnics [University] Is Not Your Place"
4. Bill Consoles Steve About Jailbreaking - a cartoon of Bill Gates (ex Microsoft CEO) and Steve Jobs (Apple CEO) discussing the future now it is no longer illegal to jailbreak an iPhone in the US. Hosted on tiepedia.com.
5. Lisa Simpson is Getting Married Sunday - a screenshot of Lisa Simpson's (a character from the popular animated TV series, The Simpsons) wedding invitation showing the date of August 1, 2010. The screenshot was taken from a 1995 episode that predicted Lisa's future. Hosted on funnybin.tumblr.com.
Life & Style blogs
'I am a paedophile': Is our approach to sex offenders helping to create more victims?
Scientists discover 'stroke protection gene' – that also guards against heart attack and migraine
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Parenting gay teens: the book that all parents need to read
Regin: US and UK intelligence services could be responsible for snooping spyware
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 4 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£26000 - £33000 per annum + benefits and bonus: Ashdown Group: PHP Developer (...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Junior Software Developer is ...
£28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: PHP Web Developer - PHP MySQL JQuery HTML CSS...
£250 per day: Langley James : Network Engineer, NHS, CCNA, CCNP, West London £...