This week's most popular Diggs: why geeks hate IE, Apple killed the CD, how to pet a cat
Tuesday 26 October 2010
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on October 26.
1. Why Do So Many Geeks Hate Internet Explorer? - an article on howtogeek.com that explains why "geeks" don't like Internet Explorer.
2. Yep, Apple Killed The CD Today - an article on TechCrunch.com about Apple replacing the newly released MacBook Air's re-install OS X software CD with a super-slim USB stick.
3. How to pet a kitty - The Oatmeal - an infographic on theoatmeal.com that provides examples of how to correctly pet a cat.
4. 5 Things You Won't Believe Aren't In the Bible - an article on cracked.com that reveals there is no mention of angels as we know them today, a red horned devil with a pitchfork and goat legs, or the Holy Grail in the bible.
5. Student Hides Rick Astley's Song In College Paper - an article and video on Gizmodo.com about a student that spent five hours formatting his computer science paper to include the lyrics to Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up."
Life & Style blogs
Revenge porn: What is it – and how big is the problem?
Paris Fashion Week: Karl Lagerfeld leads a feminist riot on 'Boulevard Chanel'
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Windows 10: Microsoft bypasses 'Windows 9' to unveil new operating system
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- 1 Green village to be bulldozed and mined for lignite in Germany's quest for non-nuclear fuel
- 2 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
- 5 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£27000 - £30000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client who are...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Huxley Associates are currentl...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Computer Futures are currently...