This week's most popular Diggs: World’s largest tidal turbine, 'Mirror’s Edge'
Tuesday 31 August 2010
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on August 31.
1. I had heard Mirror's Edge was short, I guess they added this feature to make it a much longer game - an article hosted on reddit.com that links to a photo of the packaging of a Mirror’s Edge video game with a sticker saying “Play with a guitar controller or expand to a band.”
2. Digg 4 Goes Live-ish to the Public - an article hosted on readwriteweb.com about the launch of Digg’s new website version.
3. Stewart: FOX Failed To Mention Co-Owner Is One They Accuse Of ‘Terror Funding’ - an article on the Huffington Post in which they show how the Daily Show With Jon Stewart links FOX’s search for the ‘Ground Zero Mosque’ terrorists leads back to one of the network’s biggest shareholders.
4. What. The. f**k. " An influential Israeli rabbi has said God should strike the Palestinians - an article hosted on reddit.com that links to a news story revealing that an "influential Israeli rabbi has said God should strike the Palestinians and their leader with a plague, calling for their death in a fiery sermon."
5. World's largest tidal turbine (1MW) to be deployed later this summer in Scotland - a reddit.com page linking to an article about the world’s largest tidal turbine.
Life & Style blogs
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
The big fresh food con: Alarming truth behind the chocolate muffin that won't decay
From criminal to catwalk: Convict Jeremy Meeks wins modelling contract in the most unusual fashion scouting – behind bars
Holi: Festival of colours honoured with Google Doodle – here's what you need to know about the celebration
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Elif Shafak: Turkish author warns against rise of British nationalism
Ex-head of MI6: 'We shouldn't kid ourselves that Russia is on a path to democracy'
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 3 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 GamerGate: developer Tim Schafer provokes rage with joke about online gaming activists at industry awards
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£70000 - £80000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A long-established, technology rich ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing experience-led technology co...
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has now arisen for a Sale...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to continued growth an exce...