This week's most popular Diggs: World’s largest tidal turbine, 'Mirror’s Edge'
Tuesday 31 August 2010
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on August 31.
1. I had heard Mirror's Edge was short, I guess they added this feature to make it a much longer game - an article hosted on reddit.com that links to a photo of the packaging of a Mirror’s Edge video game with a sticker saying “Play with a guitar controller or expand to a band.”
2. Digg 4 Goes Live-ish to the Public - an article hosted on readwriteweb.com about the launch of Digg’s new website version.
3. Stewart: FOX Failed To Mention Co-Owner Is One They Accuse Of ‘Terror Funding’ - an article on the Huffington Post in which they show how the Daily Show With Jon Stewart links FOX’s search for the ‘Ground Zero Mosque’ terrorists leads back to one of the network’s biggest shareholders.
4. What. The. f**k. " An influential Israeli rabbi has said God should strike the Palestinians - an article hosted on reddit.com that links to a news story revealing that an "influential Israeli rabbi has said God should strike the Palestinians and their leader with a plague, calling for their death in a fiery sermon."
5. World's largest tidal turbine (1MW) to be deployed later this summer in Scotland - a reddit.com page linking to an article about the world’s largest tidal turbine.
Life & Style blogs
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Labour Party conference: Ed Balls to set out plan to freeze child benefit to balance books
- 1 Cyclist in Russia narrowly misses being hit by car and lorry
- 2 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 3 What are your fingerprint words?
- 4 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets
- 5 Pink Floyd new album: Band unveil cover art for first record in 20 years
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40000 - £45000 per annum + pension, healthcare,25 days: Ashdown Group: An est...
£24000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established and growing IT Consultancy fir...
£18000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established and growing IT Consultancy fir...
£40000 - £45000 Per Annum + benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Project...