This week's most popular Diggs: World’s largest tidal turbine, 'Mirror’s Edge'
Tuesday 31 August 2010
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on August 31.
1. I had heard Mirror's Edge was short, I guess they added this feature to make it a much longer game - an article hosted on reddit.com that links to a photo of the packaging of a Mirror’s Edge video game with a sticker saying “Play with a guitar controller or expand to a band.”
2. Digg 4 Goes Live-ish to the Public - an article hosted on readwriteweb.com about the launch of Digg’s new website version.
3. Stewart: FOX Failed To Mention Co-Owner Is One They Accuse Of ‘Terror Funding’ - an article on the Huffington Post in which they show how the Daily Show With Jon Stewart links FOX’s search for the ‘Ground Zero Mosque’ terrorists leads back to one of the network’s biggest shareholders.
4. What. The. f**k. " An influential Israeli rabbi has said God should strike the Palestinians - an article hosted on reddit.com that links to a news story revealing that an "influential Israeli rabbi has said God should strike the Palestinians and their leader with a plague, calling for their death in a fiery sermon."
5. World's largest tidal turbine (1MW) to be deployed later this summer in Scotland - a reddit.com page linking to an article about the world’s largest tidal turbine.
Life & Style blogs
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is a company that specializ...
£153.75 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is an innovative outsourcin...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We've been supplying best of breed peopl...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We provide business administration softw...