Top 10 Mobile phones in the US in 2010
Friday 24 December 2010
Apple's iPhone 3G S was the most popular mobile phone in the US in 2010, despite the arrival of the device's successor (the iPhone 4) mid way through the year.
Market researcher Nielsen tracked the spending habits of consumers in the US who had purchased a mobile phone within the last year from September 2009 to September 2010 to determine which were the most popular handsets.
Apple and Research In Motion (RIM) dominated the list of popular devices in 2010 with three devices each appearing in the chart.
Samsung's full QWERTY slider SCH-U450 handset (known as both the Intensity and Doubletake) made it into second place on the list.
The Motorola Droid, an Android-powered smartphone, was popular with both consumers and reviewers in 2010.
Top 10 Mobile Phones in the US in 2010:
1. Apple iPhone 3G S
2. Samsung SCH-U450 (Intensity, Doubletake)
3. Motorola Droid
4. RIM BlackBerry 8500 series (Curve 8520, 8530)
5. Apple iPhone 4
6. Apple 3G iPhone
7. RIM BlackBerry 8300 series (Curve, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8350i)
8. LG VX9200 (enV3)
9. Samsung SCH-U350 series (Smooth, Glint)
10. RIM BlackBerry 9700 (Bold)
The list of most popular phones in 2010 was published by Nielsen on December 22.
Life & Style blogs
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leader in the e-cigarette ...
£32000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With extensive experience and a...