Top 10 Mobile phones in the US in 2010
Friday 24 December 2010
Apple's iPhone 3G S was the most popular mobile phone in the US in 2010, despite the arrival of the device's successor (the iPhone 4) mid way through the year.
Market researcher Nielsen tracked the spending habits of consumers in the US who had purchased a mobile phone within the last year from September 2009 to September 2010 to determine which were the most popular handsets.
Apple and Research In Motion (RIM) dominated the list of popular devices in 2010 with three devices each appearing in the chart.
Samsung's full QWERTY slider SCH-U450 handset (known as both the Intensity and Doubletake) made it into second place on the list.
The Motorola Droid, an Android-powered smartphone, was popular with both consumers and reviewers in 2010.
Top 10 Mobile Phones in the US in 2010:
1. Apple iPhone 3G S
2. Samsung SCH-U450 (Intensity, Doubletake)
3. Motorola Droid
4. RIM BlackBerry 8500 series (Curve 8520, 8530)
5. Apple iPhone 4
6. Apple 3G iPhone
7. RIM BlackBerry 8300 series (Curve, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8350i)
8. LG VX9200 (enV3)
9. Samsung SCH-U350 series (Smooth, Glint)
10. RIM BlackBerry 9700 (Bold)
The list of most popular phones in 2010 was published by Nielsen on December 22.
Life & Style blogs
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
The big fresh food con: Alarming truth behind the chocolate muffin that won't decay
Kate Moss: Previously unpublished nude photo revealed by Mert and Marcus
Holi: Festival of colours honoured with Google Doodle – here's what you need to know about the celebration
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Elif Shafak: Turkish author warns against rise of British nationalism
Ex-head of MI6: 'We shouldn't kid ourselves that Russia is on a path to democracy'
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests
- 1 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 2 Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
- 3 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 4 Bad Jews poster 'censored' on London Tube
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£65000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Technical Presales Engineer - central London ...
£70000 - £80000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A long-established, technology rich ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing experience-led technology co...
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has now arisen for a Sale...