Top 10 Mobile phones in the US in 2010
Friday 24 December 2010
Apple's iPhone 3G S was the most popular mobile phone in the US in 2010, despite the arrival of the device's successor (the iPhone 4) mid way through the year.
Market researcher Nielsen tracked the spending habits of consumers in the US who had purchased a mobile phone within the last year from September 2009 to September 2010 to determine which were the most popular handsets.
Apple and Research In Motion (RIM) dominated the list of popular devices in 2010 with three devices each appearing in the chart.
Samsung's full QWERTY slider SCH-U450 handset (known as both the Intensity and Doubletake) made it into second place on the list.
The Motorola Droid, an Android-powered smartphone, was popular with both consumers and reviewers in 2010.
Top 10 Mobile Phones in the US in 2010:
1. Apple iPhone 3G S
2. Samsung SCH-U450 (Intensity, Doubletake)
3. Motorola Droid
4. RIM BlackBerry 8500 series (Curve 8520, 8530)
5. Apple iPhone 4
6. Apple 3G iPhone
7. RIM BlackBerry 8300 series (Curve, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8350i)
8. LG VX9200 (enV3)
9. Samsung SCH-U350 series (Smooth, Glint)
10. RIM BlackBerry 9700 (Bold)
The list of most popular phones in 2010 was published by Nielsen on December 22.
Life & Style blogs
Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
Another transgender model lands contract with top agency IMG
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
iPhone ‘effective power’ bug: how to be safe from iOS flaw that lets people crash iPhone with text
Video claims California will be hit by huge earthquake because of the alignment of the planets — but it’s probably wrong
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 3 Father of 12 accused of raping, beating, starving and abusing his own children in US 'cult'
- 4 Britain's Got Talent 2015: Jamie Raven divides Twitter as fans expose mind-boggling magic trick
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: IT Support Technician is requir...
£20000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Based in the centre of Glasgow,...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + OTE: SThree: Recruitment and Sales People wanted f...