Top 10 YouTube gaming videos of the week: Mortal Kombat's cinematic rebirth
Thursday 17 June 2010
A short film made by director Kevin Tancharoen (
Fame) to help pitch a new film based on the Mortal Kombat game franchise lodges itself in both first and second place in the week's most viewed gaming videos on YouTube, Wednesday, June 16.
The commercial for Starcraft II, due out on July 27, is at third, while an interview with one of the game's more well-known players is sixth.
Trailers for DJ Hero 2 and Driver: San Francisco make an appearance, Blizzard preps World of Warcraft for the Cataclysm game update, and Household Hacker revisits the free MechWarrior 4.
CollegeHumor posted a well-timed skit about the 1997 James Bond video game GoldenEye, considering the revelation that it will indeed be re-made for the Nintendo Wii.
In fourth, a spectacular football game from the Norwegian Premier League finds itself miscategorized in 'gaming' rather than 'sport', but it's worth a watch anyway: Lillestrom show that they've got what it takes to mount a challenge on the league's top three by coming back from 3-0 down in the final four minutes of their June 6 match against Molde.
1) Mortal Kombat Live-Action HD Promo - 757,094 total views
2) Mortal Kombat Rebirth - 737,167 total views
3) StarCraft II Commercial - 562,105 total views
4) 3 goals in 4 minutes! Amazing football comeback! - 342,447 total views
5) World of Warcraft Cataclysm Zone Changes - 357,450 total views
6) PainUser Interview p1/2 - 305,130 total views
7) DJ Hero 2 - Official Debut Trailer HD - 349,847 total views
8) HOW DO I DRIVE THIS THING? (MechWarrior 4) - 344,483 total views
9) GoldenEye Stand-Off - 247,559 total views
10) Driver Teaser - 250,955 total views
Life & Style blogs
Britain's kitchens so filthy that they present a health risk, says new research
Surgeon backs 'good death' plans - and reveals his own
NHS hit by stealth cuts of £2bn as tariffs received for medical procedures are reduced
How to survive a social-media mauling, by the tough women of Twitter
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
Rupert Murdoch berated Sun journalists for not doing enough to attack Ed Miliband and stop him winning the general election
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Why this father didn’t hide his daughter’s heroin overdose in her obituary
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 The most powerful passports in the world
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£70000 - £90000 per annum + bonus + car allowance + benefits: Ashdown Group: H...
£28000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Application Sup...
£28000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Analyst...
£40000 - £48000 per annum + bonus and benefits: Ashdown Group: European Recrui...