Top 10 YouTube gaming videos of the week: Vuvuzela Hero,Twilight, and a 3-year-old gaming whizz kid
Wednesday 07 July 2010
The buzz of plastic horns meet the music game phenomena of
Rock Band and
Guitar Hero in Vuvuzela Hero, the most-watched gaming video on YouTube for the week ending Wednesday July 7.
It's not the first or only time a YouTube user has crossed Guitar Hero with that South African stadium sound, but it's certainly among the most watched, complete with an ever-increasing score, multiplier bonuses for keeping all five vuvuzelas blowing at the same time ('Cultural!', 'Hellish!'), and a pain-o-meter to make sure maximum discomfort levels are maintained.
The Twilight Saga is also converted into something more suitable for gaming, with a smart set of interactive videos.
Twilight: Eclipse is re-imagined as a role-playing game from the 1980s. Part spoof and part tribute, the component parts of 8-Bit Twilight Eclipse have proved most popular before their gradual decimation by a handful of copyright-infringement notices.
However, it's World of Warcraft that claims ownership of the Twilight Highlands which, along with The Maelstrom, are locations due to feature in the upcoming game expansion, Cataclysm. The Halion tutorial is also related to WoW.
Elsewhere, fans of puzzle game Portal 2 are introduced to Wheatley, a robotic guide with an English accent, and there's a video claiming to show a 3-year-old's mastery over the first Portal game as well as Mirror's Edge. Real or fake? Wait for him to take a drink before deciding.
1) Vuvuzela Hero - 622,036 total views
2) 8-Bit Twilight Eclipse Interactive - Baseball - 361,489 total views
3) The Maelstrom - 408,261 total views
4) Twilight Highlands - Tentacle Thing - 320,202 total views
5) Meet Wheatley - 285,915 total views
6) 8-Bit Twilight Eclipse Interactive - Team Edward - 231,888 total views
7) TankSpot's Guide to Ruby Sanctum Halion (Normal) - 260,936 total views
8) COD MW2 - Why Not Camp? - 280,261 total views
9) inFAMOUS 2 'New Gameplay Trailer' HQ - 256,717 total views
10) 3 year old plays Mirror's Edge, Portal - 215,524 total views
Life & Style blogs
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Teenager tries to buy elderly homeless man breakfast at McDonald's but is told homeless people cannot be served under 'new policy'
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
- 2 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Witch doctor arrested after forcing newborn baby to walk in Indian village
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Graduate UI Application Developer - ...