Top 10 YouTube gaming videos of the week: Vuvuzela Hero,Twilight, and a 3-year-old gaming whizz kid
Wednesday 07 July 2010
The buzz of plastic horns meet the music game phenomena of
Rock Band and
Guitar Hero in Vuvuzela Hero, the most-watched gaming video on YouTube for the week ending Wednesday July 7.
It's not the first or only time a YouTube user has crossed Guitar Hero with that South African stadium sound, but it's certainly among the most watched, complete with an ever-increasing score, multiplier bonuses for keeping all five vuvuzelas blowing at the same time ('Cultural!', 'Hellish!'), and a pain-o-meter to make sure maximum discomfort levels are maintained.
The Twilight Saga is also converted into something more suitable for gaming, with a smart set of interactive videos.
Twilight: Eclipse is re-imagined as a role-playing game from the 1980s. Part spoof and part tribute, the component parts of 8-Bit Twilight Eclipse have proved most popular before their gradual decimation by a handful of copyright-infringement notices.
However, it's World of Warcraft that claims ownership of the Twilight Highlands which, along with The Maelstrom, are locations due to feature in the upcoming game expansion, Cataclysm. The Halion tutorial is also related to WoW.
Elsewhere, fans of puzzle game Portal 2 are introduced to Wheatley, a robotic guide with an English accent, and there's a video claiming to show a 3-year-old's mastery over the first Portal game as well as Mirror's Edge. Real or fake? Wait for him to take a drink before deciding.
1) Vuvuzela Hero - 622,036 total views
2) 8-Bit Twilight Eclipse Interactive - Baseball - 361,489 total views
3) The Maelstrom - 408,261 total views
4) Twilight Highlands - Tentacle Thing - 320,202 total views
5) Meet Wheatley - 285,915 total views
6) 8-Bit Twilight Eclipse Interactive - Team Edward - 231,888 total views
7) TankSpot's Guide to Ruby Sanctum Halion (Normal) - 260,936 total views
8) COD MW2 - Why Not Camp? - 280,261 total views
9) inFAMOUS 2 'New Gameplay Trailer' HQ - 256,717 total views
10) 3 year old plays Mirror's Edge, Portal - 215,524 total views
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
- 1 The way the police have treated Cliff Richard is completely unacceptable
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Michael Brown shooting: Ferguson police shoot and kill second young black man
- 4 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 5 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermeister and vodka
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£17000 - £18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Trainee Digital Fo...
£50000 - £60000 Per Annum + excellent company benefits: Clearwater People Solu...
£25-£30k Plus Car: Charter Selection: Major well established nationwide market...
£300 - £350 per day: Orgtel: Juniper Security Consultant London (Greater)