Transparent fridge, FBI confirmation of Roswell UFO Incident: the week’s top Diggs
Wednesday 13 April 2011
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on April 12.
1. Oops! FBI Confirms Roswell UFO Incident - The FBI launched an online document archive and with it a memo about a UFO and three aliens that were supposedly found in New Mexico.
2. GOP Completely Fixes Economy By Canceling Funding For NPR - A satirical news article that suggests Republican leaders in the US fixed their budgetary problems by cutting funding to National Public Radio.
3. Because, you know, f**k it at this point - A photo of two men caught in flood waters, relaxing on inflatable rafts with beers in their hands as they float down the street.
4. Guy Gets First Ever Mosquito-Borne STD, Gives it to Wife - A biologist working in west Africa returns home with a mosquito-based infection. A few weeks later his wife starts to display similar symptoms while his children do not, leading the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to conclude it was the first recorded case of "an insect-borne disease transmitted through sexual intercourse."
5. Transparent Fridge - A photo of a fridge made out of transparent plastic.
arts + entsThere were towering ideas, some scintillating performances and revelatory grooves... our writers pick out their personal highlights
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
elephant appealPrince William signs up for our charity appeal
peoplePrepare to be entranced by worms as the molecular biologist gets ready to give the Royal Institution science lectures
elephant appealSo says man jailed for cutting off dead elephant's tusks
booksWe examine the best titles for teens
voicesPeople moan that Christmas is too commercial, the spirit lost. But it is a time to over-indulge, and always has been, says DJ Taylor
scienceResearchers teach border collie to understand sentences using more than 1,000 words
booksA Christmas story in six parts
travelWill high-value tourism help the workshops of this Renaissance city?
food + drinkA trifle without custard? Surely not! Nonsense – and here’s three to finish your festive meal that prove it
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Life & Style blogs
Drunken assaults, drug abuse, spiked drinks – and a young couple in a pine tree: Not a very merry Christmas for the paramedics
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
GTA 5: Rockstar bans gamers stealing in-game money worth millions
Winter Solstice 2013: Shortest day of the year marked with 'knitted' Google Doodle
- 1 Top PR exec Justine Sacco under fire for sending racist tweet before flying to Africa
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 The publisher who played with fire: the battle for control of Larsson's £30m legacy
- 5 Police seize possessions of rough sleepers in crackdown on homelessness
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£50000 - £55000 per annum + excellent company benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group:...
£40000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: C#.NET Developer (WPF...
£45000 - £65000 per annum + London: Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA Eng...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: PHP Deve...