Twitter index: Rugby World Cup, Nike MAG 'Back to the Future' shoes go on sale, Onam festival
Friday 09 September 2011
Twitter users are enamored with Nike’s newly unveiled 2011 MAG shoes, reproductions of the iconic shoes worn by Marty McFly in
Back to the Future II.
Only 1500 pairs of the famous LED-electroluminescent shoes have been made and will be auctioned on eBay from September 8 to 18. All proceeds will be donated to The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research.
The opening game of the 2011 Rugby World Cup is being played Friday between New Zealand and Tonga and rugby fans are excitedly tweeting in anticipation.
"Just like millions of people this morning, I'm up and wide awake. Excited for the start of the #RWC this morning!!! NZ vs Tonga = BOOM," and "3hrs to ko NZ/Tonga. Auckld waterfront jammed with colours of every RWC nation. Streets heaving, sun shining. Time for some rugby..." say microbloggers.
At the top of Twitter’s most talked about topics are the hashtags "#ISpy," "#thelasttimeichecked," "#IfIDieYoung" and "#Nationalkissday."
Twitterers are wishing each other a happy Onam for the ten-day long Hindu festival that’s held to mark the homecoming of the legendary King Mahabali.
"Kidrauhl & Beliebers" is in fifth place, lyrics from the Paramore song The Only Exception are in sixth place, and the name of comedian Kevin Hart’s film " Laugh at My Pain" is in ninth place.
The top 10 most talked about topics on Twitter on September 9 at 7:30 AM GMT are:
- #ISpy (promoted)
- #thelasttimeichecked (new)
- #IfIDieYoung (new)
- #Nationalkissday (new)
- Kidrauhl & Beliebers (new)
- YOU ARE THE ONLY EXCEPTION (+1)
- Nike MAG (new)
- Happy Onam (new)
- LAUGH AT MY PAIN (new)
- Tonga (new)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# .NET...
£30 - £32 per hour + free parking: PCR Recruitment Limited: World's Leading Cl...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: PCR Recruitment Limited: Server Side Dev...