Twitter index: 'Spartacus' star Andy Whitfield dies
Monday 12 September 2011
Welsh-born, Australian-based actor Andy Whitfield, who starred in the popular cable TV series
Spartacus: Blood and Sand, lost his battle with non-Hodgkin's lynphoma aged just 39.
Whitfield passed away in Sydney "surrounded by his family" on Sunday, report microbloggers who are tweeting their condolences to the actor’s friends and family.
"I'm sad in my head, in my lungs, in my heart.. RIP Andy Whitfield," "Very saddened to hear that Andy Whitfield lost his battle with lymphoma yesterday! Thoughts are with his family!" and "Andy, you will be missed and forever in our hearts," read tweets.
Hashtags dominate the rest of Twitter’s most popular topics on the morning of September 12. "#AbductionMovieFanPremiere" is promoted in first place, "#TheMostCommonLies" is in second place and "#BlackParentsQuotes" is in third place.
Twitter users are posting about what they would do if their dreams came true, suggesting quarterbacks that are better than Dallas Cowboy quarterback Tony Romo, and listing things that should be banned.
The hashtag "#yougottaberealspecial" features in eighth place, "#GodBlessAmerica" is still trending in ninth place after the tenth anniversary of 9/11 and the wrongly spelled title of American movie Forrest Gump is in tenth place.
The top 10 most talked about topics on Twitter on September 12 at 7:30 AM GMT are:
- #AbductionMovieFanPremiere (promoted)
- #TheMostCommonLies (new)
- #BlackParentsQuotes (new)
- #IfMyDreamsCameTrue (new)
- #quarterbacksBetterThanRomo (new)
- Andy Whitfield (new)
- #ThingsThatShouldBeBanned (new)
- #yougottaberealspecial (new)
- #GodBlessAmerica (new)
- Forest Gump (new)
Life & Style blogs
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
- 1 Engineer pictured fixing plane's engine with 'duct tape' by concerned EasyJet passenger
- 2 Two-year-old says goodbye to bin man best friend
- 3 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 Remove smartphones from the hands of under-18s and maybe they will grow up to be less dumb
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£27500 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are the go-to company for ...
£20 - 28k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Graduate Software Develop...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Web Designer is required to join a f...