Twitter users sending 200 million tweets a day
Friday 01 July 2011
Twitter users are sending 200 million tweets a day, up from 65 million a year ago, the micro-blogging service said Thursday.
"For context on the speed of Twitter's growth, in January of 2009, users sent two million tweets a day," Twitter said in a blog post.
The San Francisco-based Twitter was founded in 2006. It has more than 200 million users.
According to a recent study by the Pew Research Center, 13 percent of the online US adults aged 18 and older use Twitter, up from eight percent in November 2010.
Life & Style blogs
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 3 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£35000 - £43000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior IT Support Analyst...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: An excellent opportunity ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Systems Administra...
£29000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst- (Customer Suppor...