Twitter users sending 200 million tweets a day
Friday 01 July 2011
Twitter users are sending 200 million tweets a day, up from 65 million a year ago, the micro-blogging service said Thursday.
"For context on the speed of Twitter's growth, in January of 2009, users sent two million tweets a day," Twitter said in a blog post.
The San Francisco-based Twitter was founded in 2006. It has more than 200 million users.
According to a recent study by the Pew Research Center, 13 percent of the online US adults aged 18 and older use Twitter, up from eight percent in November 2010.
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
Life & Style blogs
Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
A cup of tea is every worker's right
Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
Fake goats’ cheese found in supermarkets
Handy hacks that make life easier: New book reveals how to rid your inbox of spam, protect your passwords and amplify your iPhone
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our large organisa...
£22000 - £24000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: IT Support Engineer (1st...
£65000 - £80000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Business Intelligence Consultant - C...
£250 - £300 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: **URGENT CONTRACT** Our...