Weekly global gaming videos: 'Minecraft,' 'DOTA,' 'Monster Hunter'
Wednesday 05 January 2011
Christmas and New Year specials aplenty in the most viewed gaming videos for the week ending January 5: Welcome to Minecraft's episodic exploration includes a surprise Christmas cloak, there's a five-person
Defense of the Ancients commentary, and Gameology's French-language series joins the festive fun.
The Minecraft adventure takes a DIY rollercoaster turn into a creepy cavern, hurtling to top spot in YouTube's chart. It's followed by Black Ops Mythbusters, an eight-question exploration of rumored Call of Duty quirks, and a top-level StarCraft 2 match.
Haito's Defense of the Ancients tutorials and commentaries remain popular on China's Youku site, with special guest commentators in his Christmas & New Year special, and a seasonal Jacky machinima rounding out the top three.
There's no doubt as to the level of Monster Hunter fever gripping Japanese gamers as Nicovideo's top three consists purely of gameplay footage from December's release of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd for PSP - tips, cheats, and conquests.
On France's Dailymotion, Gameology check out futuristic action game Vanquish, come up with their own augmented clothing, and get into the festive spirit with a seasonal selection. FOCUS come up with their top five new releases from the Paris Games Week including Hot Pursuit, Black Ops, and the movie-centric YooStar 2.
YouTube's most watched gaming videos of the week
1) Welcome to Minecraft - Episode 019 - 615,392 total views
2) Black Ops Mythbusters: Episode 3 - 401,338 total views
3) StarTaleBomber vs NEXON - StarCraft 2 - 332,358 total views
Youku's most watched gaming videos of the week
1) Esports Haito's Christmas Special - 800,487 total views
2) Jacky machinima Christmas Special - 895,669 total views
3) Haito's how to play DOTA - 655,732 total views
Nicovideo's most watched gaming videos of the week (
requires free registration)
1) Monster Hunter Portable 3rd Cheat - 460,483 total views
2) Monster Hunter Portable 3rd Science of Hunting - 384,052 total views
3) Monster Hunter Portable 3rd One Minute of Punishment - 307,528 total views
Dailymotion's most watched gaming videos of the week
1) GAMEOLOGY Séance 40 : Vanquish - 213,035 total views
2) GAMEOLOGY Séance 41: La sélection spéciale Noël! - 189,011 total views
3) FOCUS : Top 5 des Sorties Jeux-Video - 107,019 total views
Life & Style blogs
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Hershey's angers US chocolate purists by forcing company to stop importing 'yummy' Cadbury bars
Facebook, Instagram websites down — Lizard Squad hint at involvement, but Facebook claims it broke itself
SAG Awards 2015: Best and worst gowns on the red carpet
Nike Back to the Future style self-lacing shoes 'will arrive in 2015'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
Leaked documents show Ukip leaders approve NHS privatisation once it becomes more 'acceptable to the electorate'
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 3 Thank heavens for Louise Mensch and her foul-mouthed tweets to world leaders
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£26000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity for an ...
£20 - £25 per hour: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group have been engaged by a hu...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of UK Magento hosting so...
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Investigo: My client, a global leader in providing ...