Weekly global gaming videos: 'Minecraft,' 'DOTA,' 'Monster Hunter'
Wednesday 05 January 2011
Christmas and New Year specials aplenty in the most viewed gaming videos for the week ending January 5: Welcome to Minecraft's episodic exploration includes a surprise Christmas cloak, there's a five-person
Defense of the Ancients commentary, and Gameology's French-language series joins the festive fun.
The Minecraft adventure takes a DIY rollercoaster turn into a creepy cavern, hurtling to top spot in YouTube's chart. It's followed by Black Ops Mythbusters, an eight-question exploration of rumored Call of Duty quirks, and a top-level StarCraft 2 match.
Haito's Defense of the Ancients tutorials and commentaries remain popular on China's Youku site, with special guest commentators in his Christmas & New Year special, and a seasonal Jacky machinima rounding out the top three.
There's no doubt as to the level of Monster Hunter fever gripping Japanese gamers as Nicovideo's top three consists purely of gameplay footage from December's release of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd for PSP - tips, cheats, and conquests.
On France's Dailymotion, Gameology check out futuristic action game Vanquish, come up with their own augmented clothing, and get into the festive spirit with a seasonal selection. FOCUS come up with their top five new releases from the Paris Games Week including Hot Pursuit, Black Ops, and the movie-centric YooStar 2.
YouTube's most watched gaming videos of the week
1) Welcome to Minecraft - Episode 019 - 615,392 total views
2) Black Ops Mythbusters: Episode 3 - 401,338 total views
3) StarTaleBomber vs NEXON - StarCraft 2 - 332,358 total views
Youku's most watched gaming videos of the week
1) Esports Haito's Christmas Special - 800,487 total views
2) Jacky machinima Christmas Special - 895,669 total views
3) Haito's how to play DOTA - 655,732 total views
Nicovideo's most watched gaming videos of the week (
requires free registration)
1) Monster Hunter Portable 3rd Cheat - 460,483 total views
2) Monster Hunter Portable 3rd Science of Hunting - 384,052 total views
3) Monster Hunter Portable 3rd One Minute of Punishment - 307,528 total views
Dailymotion's most watched gaming videos of the week
1) GAMEOLOGY Séance 40 : Vanquish - 213,035 total views
2) GAMEOLOGY Séance 41: La sélection spéciale Noël! - 189,011 total views
3) FOCUS : Top 5 des Sorties Jeux-Video - 107,019 total views
Life & Style blogs
Free porn websites could be shut down within months, says David Cameron
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Amazon Prime - how to cancel: after Top Gear hiring, instructions on how to leave premium service
National Orgasm Day: Don't get caught up on climaxing
Fancying someone else can actually improve a relationship, study finds
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
- 1 Stuart Baggs dies: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 2 Whoopi Goldberg tells Cara Delevingne to suck it up: 'She's not famous. I'M famous'
- 3 Jeremy Clarkson’s Amazon Prime deal to reunite Top Gear trio thumbs nose at the BBC
- 4 Every club should be like Labour – you can’t join as a new member unless you’re already a member
- 5 1000 people played Foo Fighters simultaneously to try and get them to play their city
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This digital and print design a...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Report Analyst - Essex - up to £60,0...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This family run IT service busi...
£32000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This family run IT service busi...