YouTube gaming charts: 'Black Ops' and 'Minecraft'
Wednesday 06 October 2010
The studio behind upcoming November release
Call of Duty: Black Ops takes to YouTube in order to explain how their new player customization works, and in the process becomes the most viewed gaming video for the week ending October 6.
Black Ops follows on from 2009's Modern Warfare 2, and, despite competition from Medal of Honor and Bad Company 2: Vietnam, looks likely to fare as well as its predecessor.
Interest in indie offering Minecraft continues to grow, with an additional 70,000 punters putting down €10 each to play this game of exploration, construction and co-operation since last week's chart.
Previous chart number one, "Building Megaobjects in Minecraft", is this week's number two with its massive Star Trek homage, while another player uses his knowledge of computer science to build an elementary computer system within the increasingly popular title (chart position four).
Two StarCraft II videos chart courtesy of the commentators at StarCraftArena, while MMOChampion previews new Tier 11 character models for December's Cataclysm expansion in World of Warcraft.
It's TotalBiscuit of CynicalBrit fame who visits Cataclysm's remade Deadmines area at number seven, discovering "genuine innovation" after tackling it on the Heroic difficulty setting.
Turning back to Modern Warfare 2, "Predators" mixes slick editing, unbelievable gaming skills, and motifs from the Predator films. The video at number ten is also MW2-themed, though instead focuses on a round-winning missile hit.
Most viewed YouTube gaming videos of the week:
1) Call of Duty: Black Ops - Customization Trailer - 1,069,277 total views
2) Building Megaobjects in Minecraft - 806,678 total views
3) EPIC FFA TEAM LIQUID - Part 1/3 - StarCraft 2 - 643,919 total views
4) 16-bit ALU in Minecraft - 618,163 total views
5) "Predators" OpTic Predator | Fuzi8n - 591,283 total views
6) Tier 11 Preview - Druid - 440,517 total views
7) Cataclysm Beta - Heroic Deadmines Part 1 - 440,736 total views
8) HD Starcraft 2 Select v Morrow p1/3 - 412,494 total views
9) Tier 11 Preview - Warrior - 370,207 total views
10) Predator Missile in the FACE! - 439,778 total views
Data collected October 6.
Life & Style blogs
iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
Dale Bolinger guilty: What is sexual cannibalism?
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
First day of Autumn: Google Doodle celebrates 2014 Autumn equinox
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned PR disaster
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£60000 - £65000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A globally successful media and ...
competitive + benefits: Sauce Recruitment: Are you looking for your next role ...
£18000 - £25000 Per Annum + bonus and benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Lt...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: This is your chance to join a gl...