YouTube gaming charts: 'Black Ops' and 'Minecraft'
Wednesday 06 October 2010
The studio behind upcoming November release
Call of Duty: Black Ops takes to YouTube in order to explain how their new player customization works, and in the process becomes the most viewed gaming video for the week ending October 6.
Black Ops follows on from 2009's Modern Warfare 2, and, despite competition from Medal of Honor and Bad Company 2: Vietnam, looks likely to fare as well as its predecessor.
Interest in indie offering Minecraft continues to grow, with an additional 70,000 punters putting down €10 each to play this game of exploration, construction and co-operation since last week's chart.
Previous chart number one, "Building Megaobjects in Minecraft", is this week's number two with its massive Star Trek homage, while another player uses his knowledge of computer science to build an elementary computer system within the increasingly popular title (chart position four).
Two StarCraft II videos chart courtesy of the commentators at StarCraftArena, while MMOChampion previews new Tier 11 character models for December's Cataclysm expansion in World of Warcraft.
It's TotalBiscuit of CynicalBrit fame who visits Cataclysm's remade Deadmines area at number seven, discovering "genuine innovation" after tackling it on the Heroic difficulty setting.
Turning back to Modern Warfare 2, "Predators" mixes slick editing, unbelievable gaming skills, and motifs from the Predator films. The video at number ten is also MW2-themed, though instead focuses on a round-winning missile hit.
Most viewed YouTube gaming videos of the week:
1) Call of Duty: Black Ops - Customization Trailer - 1,069,277 total views
2) Building Megaobjects in Minecraft - 806,678 total views
3) EPIC FFA TEAM LIQUID - Part 1/3 - StarCraft 2 - 643,919 total views
4) 16-bit ALU in Minecraft - 618,163 total views
5) "Predators" OpTic Predator | Fuzi8n - 591,283 total views
6) Tier 11 Preview - Druid - 440,517 total views
7) Cataclysm Beta - Heroic Deadmines Part 1 - 440,736 total views
8) HD Starcraft 2 Select v Morrow p1/3 - 412,494 total views
9) Tier 11 Preview - Warrior - 370,207 total views
10) Predator Missile in the FACE! - 439,778 total views
Data collected October 6.
Life & Style blogs
What is Lyme disease, what are the symptoms and is treatment readily available?
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
- 1 iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
- 2 David Cameron refers to 83-year-old Labour MP Dennis Skinner as 'Jurassic Park'
- 3 Alton Towers Air breaks down: 80 people stuck on broken down Monorail during heatwave
- 4 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 5 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity to join a medium s...
£8000 - £10000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity ...
£17500 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity is now ...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you familiar with the sayin...