YouTube gaming charts: 'Black Ops' and 'Minecraft'
Wednesday 06 October 2010
The studio behind upcoming November release
Call of Duty: Black Ops takes to YouTube in order to explain how their new player customization works, and in the process becomes the most viewed gaming video for the week ending October 6.
Black Ops follows on from 2009's Modern Warfare 2, and, despite competition from Medal of Honor and Bad Company 2: Vietnam, looks likely to fare as well as its predecessor.
Interest in indie offering Minecraft continues to grow, with an additional 70,000 punters putting down €10 each to play this game of exploration, construction and co-operation since last week's chart.
Previous chart number one, "Building Megaobjects in Minecraft", is this week's number two with its massive Star Trek homage, while another player uses his knowledge of computer science to build an elementary computer system within the increasingly popular title (chart position four).
Two StarCraft II videos chart courtesy of the commentators at StarCraftArena, while MMOChampion previews new Tier 11 character models for December's Cataclysm expansion in World of Warcraft.
It's TotalBiscuit of CynicalBrit fame who visits Cataclysm's remade Deadmines area at number seven, discovering "genuine innovation" after tackling it on the Heroic difficulty setting.
Turning back to Modern Warfare 2, "Predators" mixes slick editing, unbelievable gaming skills, and motifs from the Predator films. The video at number ten is also MW2-themed, though instead focuses on a round-winning missile hit.
Most viewed YouTube gaming videos of the week:
1) Call of Duty: Black Ops - Customization Trailer - 1,069,277 total views
2) Building Megaobjects in Minecraft - 806,678 total views
3) EPIC FFA TEAM LIQUID - Part 1/3 - StarCraft 2 - 643,919 total views
4) 16-bit ALU in Minecraft - 618,163 total views
5) "Predators" OpTic Predator | Fuzi8n - 591,283 total views
6) Tier 11 Preview - Druid - 440,517 total views
7) Cataclysm Beta - Heroic Deadmines Part 1 - 440,736 total views
8) HD Starcraft 2 Select v Morrow p1/3 - 412,494 total views
9) Tier 11 Preview - Warrior - 370,207 total views
10) Predator Missile in the FACE! - 439,778 total views
Data collected October 6.
Life & Style blogs
The Last of Us: Ashley Johnson says she would play Ellie in a sequel
Schematics from Israel's Iron Dome missile shield 'hacked' by Chinese, says report
Meow Chat: New messaging app combines Tinder and WhatsApp - but is it safe?
Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian and me: How Olivier Rousteing is revitalising the house of Balmain
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£45000 - £50000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: .NET/ C# .Pr...
£25000 per annum + OTE £40,000: SThree: Orgtel are seeking Graduate Trainee Re...
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Content Manager - Central...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: JAVA DEVELO...