YouTube remains king of online video sites in the US, Facebook slides: report
Tuesday 19 October 2010
In September US viewers headed to Google sites to watch the majority of their online video content.
Google sites, including the company's popular video sharing site YouTube.com, saw 144.2 million viewers in September, further cementing its place as top online video content property in the US.
Facebook's stint in second place on ComScore's "top US online video properties by video content views" ranking was short lived. The social networking site held second place for just one month, peaking at 58.6 million unique viewers in August before dropping to 52.2 million viewers in September.
Microsoft sites showed the biggest gains during September, leaping from seventh place in August's rankings to fourth place in September with gains of approximately 6 million viewers month-over-month.
83.9 percent of internet users in the US tuned in to watch some form of online video content said market researcher ComScore in their September 2010 U.S. Online Video Rankings report released on October 12.
The average viewer consumed around 14.4 hours of online video content during the month of September said ComScore. The average online content video was around 4.9 minutes long.
Top US online video properties by video content views ranked by unique video viewers in September 2010:
1. Google Sites - 144,166,000 viewers
2. Yahoo! Sites - 54,356,000 viewers
3. Facebook.com - 52,174,000 viewers
4. Microsoft Sites - 45,490,000 viewers
5. Fox Interactive Media - 43,851,000 viewers
6. VEVO - 43,650,000 viewers
7. Viacom Digital - 33,570,000 viewers
8. NBC Universal - 29,961,000 viewers
9. Hulu - 29,890,000 viewers
10. Turner Network - 27,195,000 viewers
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Hershey's angers US chocolate purists by forcing company to stop importing 'yummy' Cadbury bars
SAG Awards 2015: Best and worst gowns on the red carpet
Nike Back to the Future style self-lacing shoes 'will arrive in 2015'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
Leaked documents show Ukip leaders approve NHS privatisation once it becomes more 'acceptable to the electorate'
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Chilling drone footage captures Auschwitz ahead of 70th anniversary of liberation
- 5 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Investigo: My client, a global leader in providing ...
£28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly reputable business is looking to rec...
£20000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly reputable business is looking to rec...
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...