YouTube remains king of online video sites in the US, Facebook slides: report
Tuesday 19 October 2010
In September US viewers headed to Google sites to watch the majority of their online video content.
Google sites, including the company's popular video sharing site YouTube.com, saw 144.2 million viewers in September, further cementing its place as top online video content property in the US.
Facebook's stint in second place on ComScore's "top US online video properties by video content views" ranking was short lived. The social networking site held second place for just one month, peaking at 58.6 million unique viewers in August before dropping to 52.2 million viewers in September.
Microsoft sites showed the biggest gains during September, leaping from seventh place in August's rankings to fourth place in September with gains of approximately 6 million viewers month-over-month.
83.9 percent of internet users in the US tuned in to watch some form of online video content said market researcher ComScore in their September 2010 U.S. Online Video Rankings report released on October 12.
The average viewer consumed around 14.4 hours of online video content during the month of September said ComScore. The average online content video was around 4.9 minutes long.
Top US online video properties by video content views ranked by unique video viewers in September 2010:
1. Google Sites - 144,166,000 viewers
2. Yahoo! Sites - 54,356,000 viewers
3. Facebook.com - 52,174,000 viewers
4. Microsoft Sites - 45,490,000 viewers
5. Fox Interactive Media - 43,851,000 viewers
6. VEVO - 43,650,000 viewers
7. Viacom Digital - 33,570,000 viewers
8. NBC Universal - 29,961,000 viewers
9. Hulu - 29,890,000 viewers
10. Turner Network - 27,195,000 viewers
Life & Style blogs
Revenge porn: What is it – and how big is the problem?
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Paris Fashion Week: Karl Lagerfeld leads a feminist riot on 'Boulevard Chanel'
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
Windows 10 release: Microsoft bypasses 'Windows 9' with new operating system
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 Ed Sheeran dedicates song to David Cameron
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£18000 - £23000 per annum + OTE: SThree: Real Staffing Group is seeking Traine...
£400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client are currently seekin...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Infrastructure En...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analy...