YouTube remains king of online video sites in the US, Facebook slides: report
Tuesday 19 October 2010
In September US viewers headed to Google sites to watch the majority of their online video content.
Google sites, including the company's popular video sharing site YouTube.com, saw 144.2 million viewers in September, further cementing its place as top online video content property in the US.
Facebook's stint in second place on ComScore's "top US online video properties by video content views" ranking was short lived. The social networking site held second place for just one month, peaking at 58.6 million unique viewers in August before dropping to 52.2 million viewers in September.
Microsoft sites showed the biggest gains during September, leaping from seventh place in August's rankings to fourth place in September with gains of approximately 6 million viewers month-over-month.
83.9 percent of internet users in the US tuned in to watch some form of online video content said market researcher ComScore in their September 2010 U.S. Online Video Rankings report released on October 12.
The average viewer consumed around 14.4 hours of online video content during the month of September said ComScore. The average online content video was around 4.9 minutes long.
Top US online video properties by video content views ranked by unique video viewers in September 2010:
1. Google Sites - 144,166,000 viewers
2. Yahoo! Sites - 54,356,000 viewers
3. Facebook.com - 52,174,000 viewers
4. Microsoft Sites - 45,490,000 viewers
5. Fox Interactive Media - 43,851,000 viewers
6. VEVO - 43,650,000 viewers
7. Viacom Digital - 33,570,000 viewers
8. NBC Universal - 29,961,000 viewers
9. Hulu - 29,890,000 viewers
10. Turner Network - 27,195,000 viewers
Life & Style blogs
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£24000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Graduate BI Consultant (B...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Service Delivery Manager (Product Ma...
£50000 - £70000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Cloud Product and Solutions Marketin...
£18000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established and growing IT Consultancy fir...