YouTube remains king of online video sites in the US, Facebook slides: report
Tuesday 19 October 2010
In September US viewers headed to Google sites to watch the majority of their online video content.
Google sites, including the company's popular video sharing site YouTube.com, saw 144.2 million viewers in September, further cementing its place as top online video content property in the US.
Facebook's stint in second place on ComScore's "top US online video properties by video content views" ranking was short lived. The social networking site held second place for just one month, peaking at 58.6 million unique viewers in August before dropping to 52.2 million viewers in September.
Microsoft sites showed the biggest gains during September, leaping from seventh place in August's rankings to fourth place in September with gains of approximately 6 million viewers month-over-month.
83.9 percent of internet users in the US tuned in to watch some form of online video content said market researcher ComScore in their September 2010 U.S. Online Video Rankings report released on October 12.
The average viewer consumed around 14.4 hours of online video content during the month of September said ComScore. The average online content video was around 4.9 minutes long.
Top US online video properties by video content views ranked by unique video viewers in September 2010:
1. Google Sites - 144,166,000 viewers
2. Yahoo! Sites - 54,356,000 viewers
3. Facebook.com - 52,174,000 viewers
4. Microsoft Sites - 45,490,000 viewers
5. Fox Interactive Media - 43,851,000 viewers
6. VEVO - 43,650,000 viewers
7. Viacom Digital - 33,570,000 viewers
8. NBC Universal - 29,961,000 viewers
9. Hulu - 29,890,000 viewers
10. Turner Network - 27,195,000 viewers
Life & Style blogs
Schematics from Israel's Iron Dome missile shield 'hacked' by Chinese, says report
Ebola outbreak: Why has a disease that's only ever killed 2,000 people captivated the darkest side of our imagination?
Ebola virus: UK health officials issue warning to doctors as experts admit the outbreak 'is not under control'
Topless sunbathing is no longer 'du jour' in France
Gamers still hear gunfire, screams and falling coins days after playing, study finds
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- 1 What if 35 Palestinians had died, and 800 Israelis?
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: We are working with one o...
£100 - £110 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Project Coordinator/Order Entry Ham...
£35000 - £45000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based i...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A leading company within the healthcare ...