YouTube's most-watched videos: Super Bowl ads, mistakes and halftime show
Saturday 12 February 2011
The Super Bowl is the main theme of this week's most-watched YouTube videos, with commercials from car manufacturers Volkswagen and Chrysler topping the list. Also popular this week were the Super Bowl halftime show and pop star Christina Aguilera's national anthem slip-up.
1. Volkswagen Commercial: The Force
An ad for Volkswagen featuring a pint-size Darth Vader trying to use the "force," until his dad comes home in his Passat and lends a helping hand. The commercial aired during the year's Super Bowl, helping account for its popularity. 26,450,102 views.
2. Chrysler Eminem Super Bowl Commercial - Imported From Detroit
This ad for the Chrysler 200 plays on Detroit's various ups and downs over the past few years. The ad features rapper Eminem, who moved to a suburb of Detroit as a child. 5,100,000 views.
3. WINDOW LICKER
This week's regular round-up of offbeat videos by YouTube celebrity Ray William Johnson features a fox licking a window, public interference in a news report and a Brazilian taxi driver's excellent Michael Jackson impression. 4,858,860 views.
4. Girls Next Door...and why they are so hot
Video from YouTube vlogger Philip DeFranco, who goes by the username "sxephil." This vlog features a summary of the revolution in Egypt, the latest online game from Microsoft and Melanie, winner of Maxim magazine's Hometown Hottie competition. 3,276,586 views.
5. THUG JEDI
The second video in this week's charts from Ray William Johnson, this weather-themed comedy round-up includes a guy falling off a rail headfirst into a snow drift, a building collapsing due to the snow and two guys fighting in a back yard with lightsabers. 3,118,136 views.
6. Volkswagen Commercial: Black Beetle
The second commercial from Volkswagen in this week's charts. This ad first aired during this year's Super Bowl and features an animal beetle with superb "handling" capabilities.
7. Brisk Eminem Super Bowl Commercial 2011
Another Super Bowl commercial to make this week's charts, this ad, also featuring Eminem, shows the rapper as an animated caricature explaining why he doesn't do commercials in a commercial for Lipton Brisk Ice Tea. 2,619,472 views.
8. 2011 Super Bowl XL Halftime Show
The halftime show from this year's Super Bowl, the biggest event of the season in American football, featuring the Black Eyed Peas, Usher and legendary former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash, with whom Fergie performs "Sweet Child of Mine." 2,281,381 views.
9. Christina Aguilera Super Bowl 2011 National Anthem Mistake Messes Up Error Oops
This week's video with the most words for "mistake" in its title features pop singer Christina Aguilera messing up the American national anthem, "The Star-spangled Banner," at the beginning of this year's Super Bowl. The star's mistake was to sing "what so proudly we watched" instead of "over the ramparts we watched." 2,219,753 views.
10. Britney Spears - "Hold It Against ME" Teaser #1
One of several five second teasers for Britney Spears's new video "Hold It Against Me." The world premiere of the video will take place on February 17. 2,168,173 views.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# .NET...
£30 - £32 per hour + free parking: PCR Recruitment Limited: World's Leading Cl...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: PCR Recruitment Limited: Server Side Dev...