Gift Guide: For her
Sunday 26 November 2006
1. 'Marie Antoinette' soundtrack I've had this album on repeat in my office since I saw the film. From Adam and the Ants through to New Order, this is essential listening. £9,
2. Chanel transparent tote with gold chain It's just brilliant. No more rooting around for lost lipsticks or tenners, you can see all your contents from the outside. £640, Chanel, 19 Old Bond Street, London W1, tel: 020 7493 5040
3. 'Breakfast, Lunch, Tea' The Rose Bakery, on the top floor of London's Dover Street Market, is one my favourite places to have a cup of tea and slice of carrot cake. Their cookbook has lovely photographs and recipes. £19.95, 17 Dover Street, London W1, tel: 020 7518 0680, www.doverstreetmarket.com
4. 'Individuals: Portraits from the Gap Collection' This is one of the best fashion coffee-table books I've seen for years and all proceeds go to charity. Some of my favourite style pictures, particularly from Herb Ritts and Steven Meisel, are in this book. £20, www.amazon.co.uk
5. The BlackBerry Pearl mobile phone It's a BlackBerry, but slimmer and easier to use. I virtually edited a whole magazine on this as you can view attachments in high colour. Cost from free depending on contract, www.carphonewarehouse.com
6. A year's subscription to 'Grazia' Who wouldn't want a Grazia subscription? It's the jolliest weekly fashion magazine on the market. £13, tel: 01858 438 866, www.graziamagazine.co.uk
7. Black suede Azzedine Alaïa ankle boots Every girl should have a pair of Alaïa shoes. This season's collection includes the most amazing ankle boots. £430, Harrods, 87 Brompton Road, London SW1, tel: 020 7730 1234, www.harrods.com
Katie Grand is editor-in-chief of 'Pop'
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£65000 - £80000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Finance Director required to jo...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique opportunity fo...
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...
£27000 per annum + pension + holidays: The Jenrick Group: A Quality Technician...