Gift Guide: For him
What do you buy the man who has everything? Luxury expert George Bamford has the answers
Sunday 26 November 2006
1. The Refinery If you want to pamper your boyfriend in London, send him to the Refinery, one of the best men-only spas. Treatments start from £35 for a wet shave, The Refinery, tel: 020 7409 2001,
2. Panerai Granturismo GMT This is the must-have watch for Christmas. It is a Panerai collaboration with Ferrari, so it's amazingly well-made. £3,450, tel: 020 7312 6860, www.panerai.com
3. Bamford & Sons travel bag It's the ultimate travel bag, made in soft, black calf leather with amazing Ferrari-red stitching. From £495, tel: 020 7881 801, www.bamfordandsons.com
4. UK Jack Bearbrick set Part of a range of cool collectables developed by a Japanese company called Kubrick. £55, Dover Street Market, tel: 020 7518 0680
5. Skull cufflinks by Deakin & Francis for Ralph Lauren Made by an English, family-run manufacturer, these have a bit of goth mixed with the elegance of Ralph Lauren. £4,995, Ralph Lauren, 1 New Bond Street, London W1, tel: 020 7535 4600
6. iPod Shuffle 1GB This is the smallest iPod ever, and the best for a short trip - to the point, no mucking around. As it says on the Apple website: "boombox meets matchbox". £55, www.apple.com/uk
7. 'Nudes 1978-2006' John Swannell is a photographer who has been working since the 1970s. His nudes are incredible. £40, Hoopers Gallery, 15 Clerkenwell Close, London EC1, tel: 020 7490 3908
8. Torsion SP Carlo Gruber Lo shoe Adidas has updated the iconic Carlo Gruber winter sport range from the 1970s. The footwear collection includes this running shoe. £70, Adidas, tel: 0870 240 4204
George Bamford is a director of the luxury men's emporium Bamford & Sons
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Men in tights: getting to the bottom of the latest trend
City traders pay £200 for a quick hangover cure
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cancer treatment to her scientist father over the dinner table
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Hard line on immigration could cost Tories the election
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Canadian woman suing police who locked her in van with sex offender who then raped her
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Now our rapidly expanding and A...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you passionate about great ...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...