Gift Guide: For him
What do you buy the man who has everything? Luxury expert George Bamford has the answers
Sunday 26 November 2006
1. The Refinery If you want to pamper your boyfriend in London, send him to the Refinery, one of the best men-only spas. Treatments start from £35 for a wet shave, The Refinery, tel: 020 7409 2001,
2. Panerai Granturismo GMT This is the must-have watch for Christmas. It is a Panerai collaboration with Ferrari, so it's amazingly well-made. £3,450, tel: 020 7312 6860, www.panerai.com
3. Bamford & Sons travel bag It's the ultimate travel bag, made in soft, black calf leather with amazing Ferrari-red stitching. From £495, tel: 020 7881 801, www.bamfordandsons.com
4. UK Jack Bearbrick set Part of a range of cool collectables developed by a Japanese company called Kubrick. £55, Dover Street Market, tel: 020 7518 0680
5. Skull cufflinks by Deakin & Francis for Ralph Lauren Made by an English, family-run manufacturer, these have a bit of goth mixed with the elegance of Ralph Lauren. £4,995, Ralph Lauren, 1 New Bond Street, London W1, tel: 020 7535 4600
6. iPod Shuffle 1GB This is the smallest iPod ever, and the best for a short trip - to the point, no mucking around. As it says on the Apple website: "boombox meets matchbox". £55, www.apple.com/uk
7. 'Nudes 1978-2006' John Swannell is a photographer who has been working since the 1970s. His nudes are incredible. £40, Hoopers Gallery, 15 Clerkenwell Close, London EC1, tel: 020 7490 3908
8. Torsion SP Carlo Gruber Lo shoe Adidas has updated the iconic Carlo Gruber winter sport range from the 1970s. The footwear collection includes this running shoe. £70, Adidas, tel: 0870 240 4204
George Bamford is a director of the luxury men's emporium Bamford & Sons
Life & Style blogs
Google Maps hides image of Android robot urinating on Apple in surprisingly insolent Easter egg
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
- 2 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 3 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 4 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 5 UK weather: Britain braced for snow to replace sun as arctic air mass moves in
£28000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They pride themselves that they...
£19000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This pharmacy group are looking...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This design and print company a...
£38000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity has ari...