Q. I left school/college a year ago and I am now working. Who should give me a reference?

A. If under 21 it should be an academic reference from former school or college

Q. What is a Record of Achievement? Is it a CV?

A. If you don't know you have not got one. It is not a CV

Q. I've been working for seven years, whose occupation do I list do I list in Occupational Background?

A. Your own!

Q. How long before the universities receive my application form ?

A. Between three to six weeks

Q. How much money should I send with my application?

A. pounds 5 for a single entry application/pounds 14 for more than one entry on form

If you have any questions or comments, please send them to: "Go Higher", PO Box 4014, The Independent on Sunday, 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5BF