Anya's tips for surviving IVF
Tuesday 24 June 2008
Be your own best friend: give yourself the same level of care, understanding and support that you would to your best friend.
Be kind to yourself and your partner: you will deal with the situation in different ways, so it's important to work together, not against each other.
Do everything you can to lead a fulfilling life and don't put your life on hold.
Be proactive about socialising: make a conscious effort to plan fun things and book time with friends.
Gather the biggest possible support group around you: talk to family, friends or even colleagues and tell them what you need from them. Find a support group on the internet or in person, where you can talk to other people going through the same thing.
Anya Sizer: email@example.com
Newcastle winger is in Argentina having chemotherapy
Actors together in Magic in the Moonlight: Woody Allen's 1920s romance
Human faces unique 'because we don't recognise each other by smell'
Man's attempt to avoid being impounded heavily criticised
Returning to the stage after 20 years makes actress feel 'nauseous'
Life & Style blogs
Victoria's Secret models star in new nude Russell James book
iPhone 6 review: bigger, thinner, faster, brighter - Apple proves you can make the best better
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
More women now play video games than men
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
- 4 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 5 Kanye West halts concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum + excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Lt...
£110 - £130 per day + D.O.E - Competitive Rates: Randstad Education Maidstone:...
This is an unpaid voluntary role.: Cancer Research UK: We need motivational vo...
£1 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Job Purpose To work closely with the he...