A mother has recorded the 44 different reasons her three-year-old daughter tantrumed over one 24-hour period.
Jenna Gallina from Cairns, Australia, decided to publish these "completely rational" complaints her threenager" daughter hurled at her.
From not having a small enough spoon, to her mother yawning - the majority of these tantrums occured before 9am.
Ms Gallina wrote in a babyology blog: "Have a threenager at home? Please, pull up a chair, pour a glass of wine and enjoy these completely reasonable reasons why my three-year-old daughter cracked it today.
"Yes… all of these outbursts happened in a 24 hour period. I wish I was making this up."
She added: "My daughter’s favourite pastime these days is to yell at me. Today, rather than simply struggle through the daily tantrums and tears, I decided to track them.
"Every time my daughter whinged, cried, screamed, kicked or lay on the floor with her feet in the air, I wrote it down."
Below is the first ten reasons Ms Gallina threw the tantrum:
- She wanted to wear her Elsa shirt (which is in the dirty clothes pile).
- She put her underwear on backwards.
- I put the wrong episode of Strawberry Shortcake on.
- I didn’t get her breakfast quickly enough.
- She didn’t want cereal. She wanted oats.
- I gave her the wrong bowl for her oats. She wanted the bowl that her uneaten cereal was in.
- She spilled oats on her knee.
- She wanted the small spoon.
- I gave her the yellow blanket instead of the pink blanket.
- She wanted to wear her Elsa dress instead of her Elsa shirt.
Speaking to other parents of difficult toddlers, Ms Gallina wrote: "The next time your toddler screams the house down because you didn’t cut his sandwich right, just remember, there is a whole world of mums and dads out there, cutting the crusts off their triangle sandwiches and silently cursing the skies for this difficult stage in parenting."Reuse content