The 10 best health monitors
Tuesday 08 November 2011
1. Tenscare itouch Easy
This easy-to-use Tens machine blocks pain messages to the brain and releases the body's own natural, pain-relieving endorphins.
2. MI Body Analyser Scale
These scales measure your weight and also calculate your body fat, body water, muscle mass, visceral fat,BMI and Basal Metabolic Rate.
3. Silva EX Plus Pedometer
Research shows that Pedometers, which measure how many steps you take, can lead to increased exercise, less illness and weight loss.
4. Cholesterol Monitoring System
Keep your cholesterol count under check with this bit of kit. You get results in around two minutes.
5. Brother Max One-Touch Thermometer
Pop it in the ear – or on the forehead, if that's too painful – and get an accurate reading in one second.
6. DuoFertility Fertility Monitor
A natural way of maximising your chances of pregnancy. Expensive, but if you're not pregnant within 12 months, you get your money back.
7. Lloyds Pharmacy Allergy Reliever
Sticking two probes up your nose isn't nice, but who cares if it gets rid of persistent allergy symptoms.
8. HoMedics ShiatsuMax Massage Chair
Pop it on a chair or sofa, sit back, and enjoy one of 14 relaxing massages of varying intensity.
9. Boots Electronic Head Lice Comb
This electronic head-lice comb detects and kills nits on dry hair without any nasty potions in sight.
10. Microlife WatchBP Blood Pressure Monitor
This one-touch machine is particularly good for those over 60 or with a known heart insufficiency.
Animals found with 'puncture holes the size of a human finger'
Video: The official full-length trailer for the Jurassic Park sequel has dropped – two days early
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
'I am a paedophile': Is our approach to sex offenders helping to create more victims?
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Revealed: Lidl’s £4 perfume smells identical to Chanel’s £70 scent - but the difference is in the bottle
Regin: US and UK intelligence services could be responsible for snooping spyware
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Black Friday 2014: Opening hours for John Lewis, Asda, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 4 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 5 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: CHESHIRE MARKET TOWN - An exciting and rare o...
Excellent Salary : Austen Lloyd: NORTH HAMPSHIRE - SENIOR POSITION - An exciti...
£29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Gas Installation Engineer is required ...
£28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Domestic Gas Technical Surveyor is req...