The 10 best health monitors
Tuesday 08 November 2011
1. Tenscare itouch Easy
This easy-to-use Tens machine blocks pain messages to the brain and releases the body's own natural, pain-relieving endorphins.
2. MI Body Analyser Scale
These scales measure your weight and also calculate your body fat, body water, muscle mass, visceral fat,BMI and Basal Metabolic Rate.
3. Silva EX Plus Pedometer
Research shows that Pedometers, which measure how many steps you take, can lead to increased exercise, less illness and weight loss.
4. Cholesterol Monitoring System
Keep your cholesterol count under check with this bit of kit. You get results in around two minutes.
5. Brother Max One-Touch Thermometer
Pop it in the ear – or on the forehead, if that's too painful – and get an accurate reading in one second.
6. DuoFertility Fertility Monitor
A natural way of maximising your chances of pregnancy. Expensive, but if you're not pregnant within 12 months, you get your money back.
7. Lloyds Pharmacy Allergy Reliever
Sticking two probes up your nose isn't nice, but who cares if it gets rid of persistent allergy symptoms.
8. HoMedics ShiatsuMax Massage Chair
Pop it on a chair or sofa, sit back, and enjoy one of 14 relaxing massages of varying intensity.
9. Boots Electronic Head Lice Comb
This electronic head-lice comb detects and kills nits on dry hair without any nasty potions in sight.
10. Microlife WatchBP Blood Pressure Monitor
This one-touch machine is particularly good for those over 60 or with a known heart insufficiency.
Life & Style blogs
Google Maps Pacman: company offers chance to play arcade classic on streets around the world
Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
The Clove Club: The restaurant where you will pre-pay for your food
Facebook virtual reality optical illusion less impressive than originally thought
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 3 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Working closely with the market...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A reputable company, famed for ...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group has been engaged by a highly resp...