The 10 best health monitors
Tuesday 08 November 2011
1. Tenscare itouch Easy
This easy-to-use Tens machine blocks pain messages to the brain and releases the body's own natural, pain-relieving endorphins.
2. MI Body Analyser Scale
These scales measure your weight and also calculate your body fat, body water, muscle mass, visceral fat,BMI and Basal Metabolic Rate.
3. Silva EX Plus Pedometer
Research shows that Pedometers, which measure how many steps you take, can lead to increased exercise, less illness and weight loss.
4. Cholesterol Monitoring System
Keep your cholesterol count under check with this bit of kit. You get results in around two minutes.
5. Brother Max One-Touch Thermometer
Pop it in the ear – or on the forehead, if that's too painful – and get an accurate reading in one second.
6. DuoFertility Fertility Monitor
A natural way of maximising your chances of pregnancy. Expensive, but if you're not pregnant within 12 months, you get your money back.
7. Lloyds Pharmacy Allergy Reliever
Sticking two probes up your nose isn't nice, but who cares if it gets rid of persistent allergy symptoms.
8. HoMedics ShiatsuMax Massage Chair
Pop it on a chair or sofa, sit back, and enjoy one of 14 relaxing massages of varying intensity.
9. Boots Electronic Head Lice Comb
This electronic head-lice comb detects and kills nits on dry hair without any nasty potions in sight.
10. Microlife WatchBP Blood Pressure Monitor
This one-touch machine is particularly good for those over 60 or with a known heart insufficiency.
Life & Style blogs
Guest post by Richard Sexton, business development director of e.surv chartered surveyors
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
Other popular areas include Didsbury, Clifton in Bristol, central Cambridge and West Bridgford
Living with Google Glass: what are they actually like to wear?
Microsoft's Xbox One: Have the price (£399) and release date (30 November) been leaked by online retailer Zavvi?
Splint made by 3D printer used to save baby’s life
The 10 Best road-trip gadgets
Google Glass: First images taken on Google's new glasses appear on Twitter
- 1 Exclusive: Woolwich attack suspect attended meetings of banned Islamist group - and were known by security services
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.