The 10 best: running gear
1. Nike running handheld water bottle
Make sure you take a drink on winter runs. Any bottle will do but I prefer one with a lid and hand strap.
2. Brooks essential run vest
This men's high-visibility vest is water- and wind-resistant and very lightweight. It's also loose enough to slip over your existing kit.
3. Adidas Run Safety running light
Designed to be worn on your arm, this light has three settings designed to make you more visible.
4. X-Socks winter run socks
What every winter sprinter needs is warm, dry socks that wick away sweat – and these are top-notch.
5. The North Face windstopper ear gear
Hats can prove that bit too hot when running, so keep your ears warm on icy runs with this headband.
6. Ronhill Aspiration contour tights
These waist-to-ankle running tights will wick moisture away from your skin while keeping out draughts.
7. Salomon Speedcross 2 GTX
Trail running shoes tend to be rugged but lightweight, offer more water protection than the average trainer and have better grip.
8. Gore magnitude jacket
This windproof and breathable shell jacket has lining only in the arms, meaning it's as light as air to wear. It is also highly visible.
9. Nike women's thermal running gloves
These can be easily washed, have breathable panels, reflective details and a pocket in the palm.
10. Sweaty Betty finalist tee
Running wisdom says you need three layers for a cold day's training. This top is a good ladies' base layer and can be worn solo come spring.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£65000 - £80000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Finance Director required to jo...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique opportunity fo...
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...
£27000 per annum + pension + holidays: The Jenrick Group: A Quality Technician...