The 10 best: running gear
1. Nike running handheld water bottle
Make sure you take a drink on winter runs. Any bottle will do but I prefer one with a lid and hand strap.
2. Brooks essential run vest
This men's high-visibility vest is water- and wind-resistant and very lightweight. It's also loose enough to slip over your existing kit.
3. Adidas Run Safety running light
Designed to be worn on your arm, this light has three settings designed to make you more visible.
4. X-Socks winter run socks
What every winter sprinter needs is warm, dry socks that wick away sweat – and these are top-notch.
5. The North Face windstopper ear gear
Hats can prove that bit too hot when running, so keep your ears warm on icy runs with this headband.
6. Ronhill Aspiration contour tights
These waist-to-ankle running tights will wick moisture away from your skin while keeping out draughts.
7. Salomon Speedcross 2 GTX
Trail running shoes tend to be rugged but lightweight, offer more water protection than the average trainer and have better grip.
8. Gore magnitude jacket
This windproof and breathable shell jacket has lining only in the arms, meaning it's as light as air to wear. It is also highly visible.
9. Nike women's thermal running gloves
These can be easily washed, have breathable panels, reflective details and a pocket in the palm.
10. Sweaty Betty finalist tee
Running wisdom says you need three layers for a cold day's training. This top is a good ladies' base layer and can be worn solo come spring.
Life & Style blogs
‘I had to terminate my pregnancies because I was carrying girls’ - the story of a woman forced into gender-selective abortions
Titanfall lands with a boom on Xbox One, but will it save Microsoft's console?
Tomnod: How to join the virtual search party scanning satellite imagery for missing flight MH370
'100 retweets and I'll shoot someone': American man arrested for Twitter threat
St Patrick's Day 2014: Why is Guinness black - and other mysteries surrounding Ireland's favourite drink
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Best films on Netflix: 32 movies that will put an end to your scrolling
- 3 Istanbul protesters take 'Ellen selfie' from the back of a police van
- 4 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Jet ‘hijacking’ began soon after take-off
- 5 Lady Gaga has struggled with eating disorders in the past, so it's indefensible that she's glamourising bulimia in her SXSW set
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Charter Selection: This well respected and exciting...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Charter Selection: This exciting company and market...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + EXCELLENT SALARY: Austen Lloyd: Senior Private Cli...
£25,000 to £35,000: IT Connections Ltd: Signal Processing Engineer / Acoustics...