The 10 best: running gear
1. Nike running handheld water bottle
Make sure you take a drink on winter runs. Any bottle will do but I prefer one with a lid and hand strap.
2. Brooks essential run vest
This men's high-visibility vest is water- and wind-resistant and very lightweight. It's also loose enough to slip over your existing kit.
3. Adidas Run Safety running light
Designed to be worn on your arm, this light has three settings designed to make you more visible.
4. X-Socks winter run socks
What every winter sprinter needs is warm, dry socks that wick away sweat – and these are top-notch.
5. The North Face windstopper ear gear
Hats can prove that bit too hot when running, so keep your ears warm on icy runs with this headband.
6. Ronhill Aspiration contour tights
These waist-to-ankle running tights will wick moisture away from your skin while keeping out draughts.
7. Salomon Speedcross 2 GTX
Trail running shoes tend to be rugged but lightweight, offer more water protection than the average trainer and have better grip.
8. Gore magnitude jacket
This windproof and breathable shell jacket has lining only in the arms, meaning it's as light as air to wear. It is also highly visible.
9. Nike women's thermal running gloves
These can be easily washed, have breathable panels, reflective details and a pocket in the palm.
10. Sweaty Betty finalist tee
Running wisdom says you need three layers for a cold day's training. This top is a good ladies' base layer and can be worn solo come spring.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 4 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Dynamics CRM D...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Web Developer ...
£50000 - £67000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# R&D .NE...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...