...while the men want 'moob' jobs
Monday 26 January 2009
When it comes to being sliced by the cosmetic surgeon's knife, women are not having all the fun. Operations to eradicate "man boobs" increased by 44 per cent last year and the procedure moved into the top five requested by men, overtaking facelifts.
Male breast reduction was barely heard of five years ago – just 22 were performed in the whole of 2003 – but last year, 323 British men had their "moobs" removed.
Brow lifts – in which muscles that produce frown lines are removed and eyebrows moved higher – rose by 60 per cent. Reasons given for the procedures included unhappiness with appearance, having skin over the eyelid that made it hard to to look up and the irritation of having to comb hair over the forehead to hide unsightly wrinkles.
One in 11 Botox procedures were performed on men in the UK last year – 3,004 compared to 2,881 in 2007.
Rhinoplasty remained the British man's most popular correction – 698 opted for nose jobs, down 3 per cent. That was followed by eyelid surgery (610 operations, up 9 per cent), ear correction (508, up 22 per cent) and liposuction (479, down 18 per cent).
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
£70000 - £80000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Group Head of Marketing and Communic...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: Level 3 Nursery Nurse required for ...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: L3 Nursery Nurses urgently required...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: We have a number of schools based S...