10 more Legionnaires' infections are confirmed
Further deaths from an outbreak of Legionnaires' disease cannot be ruled out, doctors said yesterday as the number of cases rose by 10 to 61.
There were 24 confirmed and 37 suspected cases of the infection, with 12 people in intensive care. One man has died, named as Robert Air, 56, from Seafield in Edinburgh, where the outbreak started. Dr Duncan McCormick, of NHS Lothian, said: "We can't rule out further deaths."
Two patients are being treated outside the NHS Lothian area – in the Scottish Highlands and in the North of England. The source has not been identified, but chemical treatment was under way at cooling towers in an Edinburgh industrial area where the outbreak is centred.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6 will function as 'mobile wallet' following Apple deal with Visa - reports
Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
Is Apple's iCloud safe after leak of Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities' nude photos?
David Sedaris: What I learnt from Fitbit about the world around me
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 1 Emma Watson on Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak: 'Even worse than seeing women's privacy violated is reading the comments'
- 2 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Cee Lo Green: It is only rape if the victim is conscious
- 5 Katie Hopkins breaks down in tears over weight gain challenge: ‘I hate fat people for making me do this’
£30000 - £45000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Front-Of...
£700 per day: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Developer C++, Python, STL, R, PD...
£700 per day: Harrington Starr: Java/Calypso Developer Java, Calypso, J2EE, J...
£500 per day: Harrington Starr: SQL Developer SQL, C#, Stored Procedures, MDX...