1,000 want implants removed
Saturday 13 October 2012
Almost 1,000 women are to have their faulty breast implants removed on the NHS.
Around 47,000 British women are believed to have been given the implants, manufactured by French company Poly Implant Prothèse (PIP).
They were filled with non-medical grade silicone and Department of Health data shows 607 women who had operations privately, and 378 who had implants put in on the NHS, have decided to have them removed.
Almost 7,800 patients who received the implants privately have been referred to the NHS.
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Life & Style blogs
- 1 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- < Previous
- Next >
£60000 - £90000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£52000 per annum + Fantastic Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Audit Supervisor...
£38000 - £86000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Celebrate the New...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Secondary Maths Teache...