1,000 want implants removed
Saturday 13 October 2012
Almost 1,000 women are to have their faulty breast implants removed on the NHS.
Around 47,000 British women are believed to have been given the implants, manufactured by French company Poly Implant Prothèse (PIP).
They were filled with non-medical grade silicone and Department of Health data shows 607 women who had operations privately, and 378 who had implants put in on the NHS, have decided to have them removed.
Almost 7,800 patients who received the implants privately have been referred to the NHS.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...