1,000 want implants removed
Saturday 13 October 2012
Almost 1,000 women are to have their faulty breast implants removed on the NHS.
Around 47,000 British women are believed to have been given the implants, manufactured by French company Poly Implant Prothèse (PIP).
They were filled with non-medical grade silicone and Department of Health data shows 607 women who had operations privately, and 378 who had implants put in on the NHS, have decided to have them removed.
Almost 7,800 patients who received the implants privately have been referred to the NHS.
Life & Style blogs
Nobel Peace prize winner Albert Schweitzer once quipped: “Happiness is nothing more than good health...
Many years ago, I lost nearly all my upper frequency hearing as a result of military action. What pr...
Plus live in a folly tower and Towcester growth
- 1 Asteroid nine times the size of the QE2 liner to sail pass Earth
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 British business: We need to stay in the EU - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
- 4 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: This is a senior appointment with huge potent...
£28000 - £31500 per annum + benefits: Randstad Education Newcastle: Permanent ...
£50000 - £58000 per annum + Benefits and Bonus: Progressive Recruitment: SAP F...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + BENS: Progressive Recruitment: Drupal Developer A ...