1,000 want implants removed
Saturday 13 October 2012
Almost 1,000 women are to have their faulty breast implants removed on the NHS.
Around 47,000 British women are believed to have been given the implants, manufactured by French company Poly Implant Prothèse (PIP).
They were filled with non-medical grade silicone and Department of Health data shows 607 women who had operations privately, and 378 who had implants put in on the NHS, have decided to have them removed.
Almost 7,800 patients who received the implants privately have been referred to the NHS.
Life & Style blogs
Charlie Charlie Challenge: everyone on the internet thinks it’s a marketing stunt, but it probably isn’t
Cher shows that ageing beauty will always be more classy than all that booty
Woman jailed for making 'loud sex noises'
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
- 1 Man on naked bike ride gets ejected after becoming aroused
- 2 Fifa corruption: Europe plots to stage an 'alternative World Cup' in place of Russia 2018
- 3 How much sex should I be having?
- 4 Jaden Smith wears gender fluid dress to high school prom with Hunger Games actress
- 5 Betting company 'refuse to pay' after student wins £1,000 from 50p bet on Roger Federer
£26000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A luxury beauty house with a nu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This company are currently recruiting new exp...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This award winning Property Man...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has ari...