£6m payout for botched facelift
Tuesday 24 May 2011
A businesswoman who had a facelift that went wrong won a record £6m payout yesterday.
Penny Johnson, 49, was left with a facial twitch after the operation which made her grimace involuntarily as a result of damage to a facial nerve. The injury caused so much harm to her self-confidence that the consultancy business she ran with her husband collapsed.
Ms Johnson sued the plastic surgeon who operated on her, Mr Le Roux Fourie, claiming he had carried out experimental surgery. The size of the award was attacked by the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons as "disproportionate".
Life & Style blogs
Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
Health warning over 88,000 foreign doctors working in the NHS
Baby catches deadly meningitis infection from cat
Kim Jong-ale: How did Ushers brewery of Trowbridge end up in North Korea producing Pyongyang's number one beer - and what did it take to set up a taste test back in Wiltshire?
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is a company that specializ...
£153.75 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is an innovative outsourcin...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company has been providing on site ...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We've been supplying best of breed peopl...