£6m payout for botched facelift
Tuesday 24 May 2011
A businesswoman who had a facelift that went wrong won a record £6m payout yesterday.
Penny Johnson, 49, was left with a facial twitch after the operation which made her grimace involuntarily as a result of damage to a facial nerve. The injury caused so much harm to her self-confidence that the consultancy business she ran with her husband collapsed.
Ms Johnson sued the plastic surgeon who operated on her, Mr Le Roux Fourie, claiming he had carried out experimental surgery. The size of the award was attacked by the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons as "disproportionate".
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...