£6m payout for botched facelift
Tuesday 24 May 2011
A businesswoman who had a facelift that went wrong won a record £6m payout yesterday.
Penny Johnson, 49, was left with a facial twitch after the operation which made her grimace involuntarily as a result of damage to a facial nerve. The injury caused so much harm to her self-confidence that the consultancy business she ran with her husband collapsed.
Ms Johnson sued the plastic surgeon who operated on her, Mr Le Roux Fourie, claiming he had carried out experimental surgery. The size of the award was attacked by the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons as "disproportionate".
Life & Style blogs
Google Maps Pacman: company offers chance to play arcade classic on streets around the world
Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
American Apparel gets another ad banned by advertising watchdog for sexualising children
The Clove Club: The restaurant where you will pre-pay for your food
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 5 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group has been engaged by a highly resp...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: You will also work alongside their seasoned sa...
£15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for your first step into...
£25000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This innovative company working...