700 dentists earn more than £200,000 a year
Figures relate to taxable income from both NHS and private work
Thursday 22 August 2013
About 700 dentists earn more than £200,000 a year - a drop on previous figures.
Of these, 200 earn more than £300,000 a year, while 150 earn £250,000 to £300,000.
The figures relate to taxable income from both NHS and private work among England and Wales's dentists in 2011/12
In 2010/11, 790 dentists earned more than £200,000 per year, according to the data from the Health and Social Care Information Centre.
There are 21,300 dentists in England and Wales, with 30 per cent of those earning between £50,000 and £75,000.
Another 18 per cent earn £75,000 to £100,000 while 22 per cent earn £25,000 to £50,000.
Those earning more than £300,000 per year represent the top 1 per cent of earners in dentistry.
Most (63 per cent) earned less than £75,000 in 2011/12.
Life & Style blogs
Dating site hack reveals sexual secrets of 4 million users
Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
Meditation is touted as a cure for mental instability but can it actually be bad for you?
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...