700 dentists earn more than £200,000 a year
Figures relate to taxable income from both NHS and private work
Thursday 22 August 2013
About 700 dentists earn more than £200,000 a year - a drop on previous figures.
Of these, 200 earn more than £300,000 a year, while 150 earn £250,000 to £300,000.
The figures relate to taxable income from both NHS and private work among England and Wales's dentists in 2011/12
In 2010/11, 790 dentists earned more than £200,000 per year, according to the data from the Health and Social Care Information Centre.
There are 21,300 dentists in England and Wales, with 30 per cent of those earning between £50,000 and £75,000.
Another 18 per cent earn £75,000 to £100,000 while 22 per cent earn £25,000 to £50,000.
Those earning more than £300,000 per year represent the top 1 per cent of earners in dentistry.
Most (63 per cent) earned less than £75,000 in 2011/12.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 2 Watch: Man takes selfie every mile of 2,600 mile hike, creates amazing timelapse video
- 3 The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
£6 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity to join a gro...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Service Delivery Manager is required to join...
£12000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A opportunity has arisen for a ...
£32000 - £38000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful accountancy practice in...