An explosive reaction to Jodie Marsh's 'Semtex' weight-loss pills
Oh Jodie, love. While we would defend anyone’s right to cover themselves with eclectic tattoos, dye their hair nuclear scarlet and get into spats with Katie Price, she has made something of a slip-up when it comes to branding. Marsh has released a weight-loss aid called – wait for it – Semtex. Like the plastic explosive used by the IRA.
Having been contacted by a relative of victims of an IRA bombing, Jodie apologised on Twitter, saying: “I apologise if I have unwittingly upset anybody with the use of the name Semtex for my product. Obviously, I am completely against any form of terrorism – and wish to make it clear that I have never had any intention to upset any families of the victims of atrocities. I am a renowned anti-bullying campaigner. And terrorism can be seen as a form of bullying.” The worst kind, you might say.
Life & Style blogs
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
1 in 3 women will get bacterial vaginosis but are unlikely to know what it is
Alzheimer's breakthrough: Scientists may have found potential cause of the disease in the behaviour of immune cells - giving new hope to millions
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Professional big game hunter Ian Gibson crushed to death by elephant during hunt
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...