An explosive reaction to Jodie Marsh's 'Semtex' weight-loss pills
Oh Jodie, love. While we would defend anyone’s right to cover themselves with eclectic tattoos, dye their hair nuclear scarlet and get into spats with Katie Price, she has made something of a slip-up when it comes to branding. Marsh has released a weight-loss aid called – wait for it – Semtex. Like the plastic explosive used by the IRA.
Having been contacted by a relative of victims of an IRA bombing, Jodie apologised on Twitter, saying: “I apologise if I have unwittingly upset anybody with the use of the name Semtex for my product. Obviously, I am completely against any form of terrorism – and wish to make it clear that I have never had any intention to upset any families of the victims of atrocities. I am a renowned anti-bullying campaigner. And terrorism can be seen as a form of bullying.” The worst kind, you might say.
Life & Style blogs
National Burger Day: all your beefy questions answered
36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini review: a watertight little brother to the S5 with a top flight screen
- 1 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 2 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 3 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 4 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 5 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- < Previous
- Next >
£85 - £110 per day: Randstad Education Preston: Randstad Education is urgently...
£85 - £145 per day: Randstad Education Preston: Randstad Education is urgently...
£85 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Preston: Randstad Education is urgently...
£85 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Preston: Rapidly developing and growing...