Are you as young as you feel or as old as you look?
Few thirtysomethings get taken for 17-year-olds, but it's not just appearances that hold the clues to youth
Sunday 23 June 2013
A 34-year-old politician was refused a beer last week, as the barman thought she looked underage. Ruth Davidson, leader of the Scottish Conservatives, was thrilled to be mistaken for a 17-year-old at a gig. "Show me a woman who wouldn't be delighted," she said afterwards.
One tell-tale sign that should have given him a clue was that this was a Bruce Springsteen gig. Not many teenagers there then. But it was a rare boost for thirtysomethings, especially in the week when it emerged that feeding birds and listening to The Archers are signs you're getting old. So, using rigorous scientific research, we identify the 25 signs that tell you you're still young. Or trying to be. LOL.
1. You don't punctuate
2. You have a Vimeo account
3. You don't use email
4. You have been pwned*
5. You've never heard of Timmy Mallett
6. You've had a bread sandwich**
7. You can't conceive of a time before mobiles
8. You have said yolo***
9. You've never bought a CD
10. You think Prince William is heir to the throne
11. You don't see any point in having a driving licence
12. You choose to listen to vinyl
13. You've never had a bath
14. You know the lyrics to what's at No 1
15. You think 2009 is a long time ago
16. You don't know what an Opal Fruit is
17. You've never worn a watch
18. You don't know your friends' surnames
19. You've never been to the cinema
20. Your passport photo is a selfie
21. You've never owned a camera
22. Your favourite meal is wing roulette**** at Nando's
23. You've never used a payphone
24. You don't have a job
25. You lost your phone this week
*From the game Warcraft, the term is used when a player is beaten by the computer. It should say "owned" but the computer programmer mis-spelt it
**Two slices of bread with a slice of buttered toast as the filling
***You only live once
****A platter of chicken wings in various degrees of spiciness
auctionThe first 23 lots have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
healthJames Bond's alcohol consumption puts him at 'high risk' of cirrhosis, tremors... and impotence
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
musicPolice chief rejects rappers' claims that his work is as dangerous as law enforcement or military service
tvSpoiler alert: Find out the result of a heated final show
Beatles rush out 'bootleg' album to defy EU copyright law
Harvey Weinstein reveals his secret weapon on-set
Now that an oil trader's drinking has got him sacked, will we all have to make do with an afternoon latte?
Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba get nods for Best Actor, which no black Brit has ever won
Geoffrey Macnab reviews The Desolation of Smaug - the meat in Peter Jackson's Hobbit sandwich
peopleWhat advice would David Cameron give to his younger self?
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
- 3 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 4 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 5 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- < Previous
- Next >
£55000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior C# ASP.NET Deve...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: QA Automation Tester FX Trading Platform(Ruby, ...
£25000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: VB.NET SQL Developer/...
£45000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...