Baby in hospital with burns after day on beach
A five-month-old baby was taken to hospital suffering from 20% burns after spending the hottest day of the year on the beach, police said today.
Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) intervened after they saw the boy on Brighton seafront on Sunday afternoon as temperatures reached 25C.
An ambulance was called for the baby and he was taken to Royal Sussex County Hospital for treatment.
A Sussex Police spokeswoman said he was visiting the South coast resort from London with his 29-year-old mother.
She added that no arrests have been made.
The force said the matter had been referred to the Metropolitan Police because of where the child was from but a spokesman said there was no information at this time about whether the mother was being investigated.
Life & Style blogs
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
NHS medics are being lured away to Australia by more money, status and sunshine, survey suggests
Mac OS X Yosemite download: How to get the open beta of Apple's latest operating system
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 1 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
- 4 Exclusive: Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
£600 - £650 per day: Orgtel: Conduct Risk Liaison Manager - Banking - London -...
Highly Attractive Package: Austen Lloyd: CITY - COMMERCIAL LITIGATION - GLOBAL...
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: The client is a...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A well-established software house ba...