Baby in hospital with burns after day on beach
A five-month-old baby was taken to hospital suffering from 20% burns after spending the hottest day of the year on the beach, police said today.
Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) intervened after they saw the boy on Brighton seafront on Sunday afternoon as temperatures reached 25C.
An ambulance was called for the baby and he was taken to Royal Sussex County Hospital for treatment.
A Sussex Police spokeswoman said he was visiting the South coast resort from London with his 29-year-old mother.
She added that no arrests have been made.
The force said the matter had been referred to the Metropolitan Police because of where the child was from but a spokesman said there was no information at this time about whether the mother was being investigated.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Eurovision 2015: Graham Norton returns with another cutting commentary - his best lines
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take title from Conchita Wurst
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...