Britons 'worst in flu outbreak'
Friday 05 October 2012
Britons are among the most unhealthy people to be around in a flu outbreak, research suggests.
Of five populations studied, people from the UK were the least likely to pay attention to basic rules of hygiene such as washing hands and sneezing into a tissue.
Scientists carried out surveys in the UK, the US, Argentina, Japan and Mexico soon after the 2009 swine flu pandemic. Britons were consistently shown to have the most cavalier attitude towards infecting others.
Life & Style blogs
Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
GTA 5 Online spring DLC updates bring heists, new super car, multiple apartments and 'non-contact' option for races
Leading doctor calls for inquiry into NHS treatment of whistle-blowers
Kim Jong-ale: How did Ushers brewery of Trowbridge end up in North Korea producing Pyongyang's number one beer - and what did it take to set up a taste test back in Wiltshire?
- 1 KFC 'sorry' after lesbian couple are kicked out of Bath restaurant for 'heavy petting'
- 2 Dylan Tombides: West Ham confirm 20-year-old striker has died after battle with cancer
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
- 5 PFA Player of the Year: Luis Suarez, Daniel Sturridge and Steven Gerrard all nominated as Liverpool dominate award shortlist
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is a company that specializ...
£153.75 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is an innovative outsourcin...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company has been providing on site ...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We've been supplying best of breed peopl...