Britons 'worst in flu outbreak'
Friday 05 October 2012
Britons are among the most unhealthy people to be around in a flu outbreak, research suggests.
Of five populations studied, people from the UK were the least likely to pay attention to basic rules of hygiene such as washing hands and sneezing into a tissue.
Scientists carried out surveys in the UK, the US, Argentina, Japan and Mexico soon after the 2009 swine flu pandemic. Britons were consistently shown to have the most cavalier attitude towards infecting others.
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Boxing Day sales: The best fashion deals
Victoria Beckham's clothing sales double to £30 million in one year
'Tis the season!: Google celebrates Christmas Eve with second animated Doodle
Christmas 2014: Jesus was not born in a stable, says theologian
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Hip hop is both racial and political, and for Iggy Azalea to suggest otherwise is insulting
- 5 Man hospitalised with pneumonia after downing eggnog at office Christmas party
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This full service social media ...
£24000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Senior Conveyancer - South West We are see...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: DORSET MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...