Capsule 'reduces symptoms of PMT'
Monday 17 January 2011
A capsule containing fatty acids can help to lift the monthly symptoms of pre-menstrual tension (PMT), research has shown.
The supplement significantly reduces PMT's emotional and physical effects which regularly blight the lives of millions of British women and their partners, said researchers writing in the journal Reproductive Health. Women taking the two-gram capsules for six months reported their symptoms becoming far milder than they were before.
PMT affects between 80 per cent and 95 per cent of women of reproductive age, a third of whom suffer disruption to their routine activities. The symptoms typically strike 10 to 12 days before a woman has her period.
Life & Style blogs
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
The 10 Best kitchen knives
It’s a pizza! And a cake!! What’s not to like? (The calories)
Angus Steakhouse: How does tourist staple continue to thrive in today's gourmet market?
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 'Natural' energy drink banned for containing erectile dysfunction drug
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Kingdom Tower: Construction of 1km high new world’s tallest building to begin next week in Saudi Arabia
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is a company that specializ...
£153.75 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is an innovative outsourcin...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company has been providing on site ...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We've been supplying best of breed peopl...