Celebrity diets: don't try this at home
As so many controversies do these days, it started with a tweet. "Just killed back-to-back spin classes. Eating a salad dreaming of a cheeseburger #Pop SingersDontEat #IWasBornThisWay", tweeted Lady Gaga to her 22 million followers earlier this week.
A somewhat surprising message from a woman who has publicly discussed her own battle with bulimia and has always encouraged people to have a positive body image, there was an immediate outcry from health experts.
While some have applauded her honesty, it's not exactly helpful having a star tell impressionable fans that "pop singers don't eat". And Lady Gaga's not the only one dishing out unsolicited diet tips this week. Miley Cyrus took to, yes, Twitter to share the news of her gluten-free diet.
She then implored her fans to try it out for themselves because "gluten is crapppp" (not helpful or accurate). Ladies, let's just leave the nutrition advice to the professionals, yeah?
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
- 1 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 2 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 3 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 4 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
- 5 Madonna claims jokes about her age tantamount to racism: 'No one would dare to say a degrading remark about being black'
salary equal to £40K pro-rata: Sauce Recruitment: Are you available to start a...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Creative Front-End Developer - Claph...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The role in this successful eco...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: QA Tester - London - £30,000 QA Tes...