'Cut the costs' of NHS chaplains
Monday 28 February 2011
The NHS spends £29 million on hospital chaplains who provide "no clinical benefit", and there is huge variation in costs, writes Jane Kirby.
Data obtained by the National Secular Society from 227 trusts in England found savings of £18.5m a year could be made if all trusts brought their spending into line with those that spent the least.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
The Lockhart, restaurant review: Brad McDonald has picked up the south-western ball and kicked it out of the park
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Pirelli calendar 2015: First plus-size model Candice Huffine is featured alongside Adriana Lima and Natalia Vodianova in a fetish-themed shoot
Christian Louboutin launches £495 nail polish
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 3 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 4 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
- 5 Largest ever study into the gay gene 'erodes the notion that sexual orientation is a choice'
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a successful an...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Sales Account Manager...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Trainee Sales Account Manager...