Ditch coffee to live longer, says study
Thursday 15 August 2013
A coffee habit of more than four cups a day could be shortening your life, research suggests.
Drinking large amounts of coffee was found to raise the chances of men and women up to the age of 55 dying from any cause.
Consuming more than 28 cups a week increased their death rates by more than half, while having no effect on older people.
Younger people in particular should avoid heavy coffee drinking, the US investigators warned.
The research, published in the journal Mayo Clinic Proceedings, was based on data from a lifestyle study of 43,727 adults in the United States aged 20 to 87.
Life & Style blogs
The high-powered dream team trying to create a stiletto shoe as comfy as a trainer
Apple MacBook review: preposterously thin and extravagantly attractive, this is the best-designed laptop Apple has ever made
How Old Do I Look: Microsoft’s super advanced age-guessing app is terrible at guessing how old celebrities are, too
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
The 12 most sexually satisfied countries in the world revealed
- 1 Which country would be hardest to invade?
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao live: Mayweather puts on defensive masterclass to win by unanimous decision
- 4 Floyd Mayweather's mouthguard costs $25,000 - enough to fly to Las Vegas and back 18 times
- 5 Royal baby girl born: Duchess of Cambridge's second child will be a princess thanks to Queen
£28000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Senior Digital Marketing Cons...
£16640 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Assistant Stores Keeper is r...
£16000 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an excellent opportunit...
£17000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Developer required to join a bu...