Ditch coffee to live longer, says study
Thursday 15 August 2013
A coffee habit of more than four cups a day could be shortening your life, research suggests.
Drinking large amounts of coffee was found to raise the chances of men and women up to the age of 55 dying from any cause.
Consuming more than 28 cups a week increased their death rates by more than half, while having no effect on older people.
Younger people in particular should avoid heavy coffee drinking, the US investigators warned.
The research, published in the journal Mayo Clinic Proceedings, was based on data from a lifestyle study of 43,727 adults in the United States aged 20 to 87.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£65000 - £80000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Finance Director required to jo...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique opportunity fo...
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...
£27000 per annum + pension + holidays: The Jenrick Group: A Quality Technician...