Doctor, doctor, I've got this strange tattoo
Forget Angelina Jolie's shoulder-covering Buddhist incantation or David Beckham's Christ on the cross. The smart money is on a new kind of tattoo: the medical tat.
Americans with severe allergies, or conditions such as diabetes, are ditching their "allergy bracelets" and turning to the indelible ink of the tattooist's pen to ensure that they aren't given drugs that trigger their allergy in an emergency.
So far, so sensible. This being America, however, some have taken it further and having instructions to paramedics such as "do not resuscitate" tattooed across their chests. An example of admirable firm-mindedness, surely, if a slight indifference to how you look on a sun lounger.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing
£30000 - £38500 Per Annum + 25 days holiday, pension, subsidised restaurant: C...
£34000 - £37000 Per Annum + excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Lt...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Pension, Holiday, Flexi-time: Progressive Recruitm...
£280 - £320 per day: Progressive Recruitment: C#, WinForms, Desktop Developmen...