Doctors face discipline over strike
Friday 06 July 2012
Two doctors who participated in the recent industrial action could face disciplinary hearings after being referred to the medical regulator.
The General Medical Council (GMC) has confirmed receiving complaints about two doctors relating to last month's controversial day of action, which was a protest against sweeping pension reforms.
The GMC has said it would only intervene if industrial action by doctors compromised patient safety, but the regulator refused for "confidentiality reasons" to give further details about the seriousness of the two complaints.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 How We Met: Alison Moyet & Emma Kennedy: 'I knew we'd be friends because she was happy to make a prat of herself'
£130 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Ilford: Secondary Geography Teacher Lo...
£55 - £70 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: Are you a dynamic and energeti...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Group: SEN TAs, LSAs and Support Workers needed...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: The Sheffield office of this...