Doctors face discipline over strike
Friday 06 July 2012
Two doctors who participated in the recent industrial action could face disciplinary hearings after being referred to the medical regulator.
The General Medical Council (GMC) has confirmed receiving complaints about two doctors relating to last month's controversial day of action, which was a protest against sweeping pension reforms.
The GMC has said it would only intervene if industrial action by doctors compromised patient safety, but the regulator refused for "confidentiality reasons" to give further details about the seriousness of the two complaints.
Life & Style blogs
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
Doctors tell Treasury of their anger at rejection of pay reviews
Jeremy Hunt to reform hospital parking rules
Victoria’s Secret says tickets for the London fashion show are not for 'sale' - but seats are still available for £10k
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 West poised to join forces with President Assad in face of Islamic State
- 3 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
- 4 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 5 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
£30000 - £45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A global investment management fi...
£65000 - £75000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Senior Network Engineer-(CCIE, CC...
£70000 - £80000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Senior Network Analyst - (CCIE, C...
£60000 - £80000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Senior Network Engineer-(Design, ...