Ebola outbreak kills 10 in eastern Congo
Thursday 23 August 2012
An outbreak of suspected Ebola in eastern Congo has infected at least 15 people, 10 of whom have died, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).
A statement from the WHO said two of the cases are confirmed Ebola and the rest are "probable".
An outbreak in Uganda last month killed 16 people. Ebola is highly infectious and kills quickly.
Life & Style blogs
Earth Day 2014: Google celebrates Earth Day with doodles of Rufous hummingbird, veiled chameleon, moon jellyfish, dung beetle, puffer fish and macaques
Palcohol: US Government reveals it has approved sale of powdered alcohol
World's fastest lift climbs 95 floors in 43 seconds at speeds of up to 45mph
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
What is Bitcoin? A quick guide to the virtual currency, how it works, and its possible future
- 1 David Cameron's constituency office calls police on food bank campaigners Bishop of Oxford and Reverend Keith Hebden
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Women take on Bear Grylls over 'sexist' male-only desert island show
- 4 Ultra-Orthodox Jews are resisting new laws which force them to join the army
- 5 Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: Concerns grow among search officials that missing jet ‘may have landed somewhere else’
£55000 - £62000 per annum + outstanding benefits and bonus: Pro-Recruitment Gr...
£120 per day: Randstad Education Luton: Reception teacher required for an Outs...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + excellent company benefits : Pro-Recruitment Group...
£90 - £130 per day: Randstad Education Preston: The Job We are currently recr...