Ex-Ofsted chief has motor neurone disease
Monday 04 May 2009
The former chief inspector of schools, Chris Woodhead, has revealed he would rather kill himself than die in agony from motor neurone disease. The 62-year-old, who quit as the Government's top schools watchdog after a series of rows with the then Home Secretary David Blunkett, was diagnosed with the disease in 2006.
Revealing his illness yesterday in The Sunday Times, he said: "The prospect of relying on computer-assisted breathing, or assisted speech, is not one I would ever want to tolerate."
Life & Style blogs
National Burger Day: all your beefy questions answered
36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini review: a watertight little brother to the S5 with a top flight screen
- 1 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 2 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >
£40000 - £48000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Devel...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Swift...
£55000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Front-End Deve...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Graduate C# De...