Ex-Ofsted chief has motor neurone disease
Monday 04 May 2009
The former chief inspector of schools, Chris Woodhead, has revealed he would rather kill himself than die in agony from motor neurone disease. The 62-year-old, who quit as the Government's top schools watchdog after a series of rows with the then Home Secretary David Blunkett, was diagnosed with the disease in 2006.
Revealing his illness yesterday in The Sunday Times, he said: "The prospect of relying on computer-assisted breathing, or assisted speech, is not one I would ever want to tolerate."
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 2 Kate Moss: Previously unpublished nude photo revealed by Mert and Marcus
- 3 Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
- 4 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 5 Bad Jews poster 'censored' on London Tube
£65000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Technical Presales Engineer - central London ...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Physiotherapist / Sports Ther...
£8 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Sales Executives / Advisors are required...
£14000 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen for a...