Expensive drugs on GP blacklist
Wednesday 13 April 2011
Expensive drugs are being blacklisted by health trusts in an effort to save money, the GPs' newspaper Pulse has reported. It found that of 134 primary care organisations, half had lists of drugs that GPs are banned from prescribing, and 73 had added to the list in the past year or brought in additional restrictions on prescribing.
Banned treatments include medication approved by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence such as gliptins for diabetes and denosumab for osteoporosis. Other medication for Parkinson's and some contraceptive pills have also been banned, along with the weight-loss drug orlistat.
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Thriller is set in the secret world of British espionage
Bomber jacket worn by Mary Berry sells out within an hour
Life & Style blogs
Hipster hate is everywhere - but is there a little bit of them in all of us?
Ebola outbreak: Survivor William Pooley is flown to US to give doctor with virus emergency blood transfusion
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iOS 8: how to free up space on your iPhone or iPad to install update
- 1 Scottish independence results live - The reunited kingdom: Scotland gives a clear 'No' in historic referendum
- 2 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 3 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
£90 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Leicester: Y1 Teacher required for a So...
Highly Competitive Package: Austen Lloyd: CITY - FINANCIAL SERVICES - Senior...
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Residential Conveyancer - Wiltshire We have a...
£90 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Leicester: Long term position for a KS2...