Fears over parents who binge drink
Tuesday 11 September 2012
Nearly one child in three lives with a parent who binge drinks, latest research shows.
The figure equates to between 3.3 and 3.5 million children in the UK living with mothers who down six or more drinks on a single occasion, or fathers who down at least eight.
About 93,500 babies under 12 months old have a parent classified as a "hazardous" drinker (risking harm to oneself or others), according to Community Research Company studies for the Office of the Children's Commissioner.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing
- 4 John Barrowman praised for Commonwealth Games opening ceremony gay kiss
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
£30000 - £38500 Per Annum + 25 days holiday, pension, subsidised restaurant: C...
£34000 - £37000 Per Annum + excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Lt...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Pension, Holiday, Flexi-time: Progressive Recruitm...
£280 - £320 per day: Progressive Recruitment: C#, WinForms, Desktop Developmen...