Fears over parents who binge drink
Tuesday 11 September 2012
Nearly one child in three lives with a parent who binge drinks, latest research shows.
The figure equates to between 3.3 and 3.5 million children in the UK living with mothers who down six or more drinks on a single occasion, or fathers who down at least eight.
About 93,500 babies under 12 months old have a parent classified as a "hazardous" drinker (risking harm to oneself or others), according to Community Research Company studies for the Office of the Children's Commissioner.
Life & Style blogs
Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
GTA 5 Online spring DLC updates bring heists, new super car, multiple apartments and 'non-contact' option for races
Leading doctor calls for inquiry into NHS treatment of whistle-blowers
Kim Jong-ale: How did Ushers brewery of Trowbridge end up in North Korea producing Pyongyang's number one beer - and what did it take to set up a taste test back in Wiltshire?
- 1 KFC 'sorry' after lesbian couple are kicked out of Bath restaurant for 'heavy petting'
- 2 Dylan Tombides: West Ham confirm 20-year-old striker has died after battle with cancer
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
- 5 PFA Player of the Year: Luis Suarez, Daniel Sturridge and Steven Gerrard all nominated as Liverpool dominate award shortlist
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is a company that specializ...
£153.75 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is an innovative outsourcin...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company has been providing on site ...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We've been supplying best of breed peopl...