Girl, six, treated for alcohol
Thursday 10 February 2011
A girl aged six was admitted to hospital after drinking dangerous levels of alcohol.
It is not known how the child, who was treated at Eastbourne District General Hospital some time last year, came to be so intoxicated.
She was one of 198 under-17s who received treatment at hospitals in East Sussex for drink or drug abuse over a five-year period.
The figures were released after a Freedom of Information request, less than a month after officials from neighbouring Brighton and Hove City Council found a nine-year-old boy was already an alcoholic.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Data Sc...
Highly Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - This is a very unusual law c...
£28000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Junior VB.NET ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Web De...