Girl, six, treated for alcohol
Thursday 10 February 2011
A girl aged six was admitted to hospital after drinking dangerous levels of alcohol.
It is not known how the child, who was treated at Eastbourne District General Hospital some time last year, came to be so intoxicated.
She was one of 198 under-17s who received treatment at hospitals in East Sussex for drink or drug abuse over a five-year period.
The figures were released after a Freedom of Information request, less than a month after officials from neighbouring Brighton and Hove City Council found a nine-year-old boy was already an alcoholic.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
Geoffrey Macnab reviews American Hustle, also starring Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper
Dennis Rodman will coach the North Korea basketball team
Life & Style blogs
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- < Previous
- Next >
£6.31 per day: Inspiring Interns: One of the biggest names in sport is offerin...
£500 - £650 per day: Harrington Starr: Harrington Starr is working with a Glob...
£27000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Consultant (Excel, Financial Spread...
£34999 - £43001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top 10 firm in ...