GPs accused of conflict of interests
Monday 01 April 2013
Doctors who take over two-thirds of the NHS budget from today will award contracts to companies they are also involved in, critics have warned.
NHS reforms will see Clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) – bodies made up of an area's GPs and other health professionals – become responsible for spending £60bn a year on commissioning health services for the NHS. The Sunday Times reported three examples where a CCG had commissioned healthcare from a company in which a board member had an interest.
Andy Burnham, the shadow Health Secretary, said: "David Cameron has created a colossal conflict of interest at the heart of the NHS."
The Microsoft mogul told fans a few home truths during his Reddit AMA
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cancer treatment to her scientist father over the dinner table
Lack of medically trained staff leaves NHS 111 phone service struggling to cope, insider claims
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
£10000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Our client is a fast growing in...
£29000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: PSV/PCV Mechanics & HGV mechani...
£12500 - £13000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The largest independent Reprogr...
£6240 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is a well established websit...