Great Ormond Street board hits out at Baby Peter claims
Wednesday 06 July 2011
A public row has broken out between the editor of the prestigious medical journal, The Lancet, and Great Ormond Street Hospital's (Gosh) management team after it published a number of articles criticising the trust's handling of Baby Peter Connelly's death.
The Gosh board members, including the chief executive Jane Collins, have written an angry letter, accusing the journal of waging an unfair campaign against the hospital and "ignoring the facts", while relying on "innuendo and presumed truths" at the behest of a minority of consultants.
Last month The Lancet published an article about Lynne Featherstone, Liberal Democrat MP for Hornsey and Wood Green, calling for the resignation of Ms Collins. Ms Featherstone had said Ms Collins must resign because she "appears [to have] withheld vital information" from a serious case review of Baby Peter's death. Gosh managers yesterday invited the editor, Richard Horton, who came out in support for management change last week, to talk to other staff and patients who they say are mystified by his allegations.
Life & Style blogs
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
A nap a day could save your life
Windows 10 automatically sends parents detailed dossier of their children's internet history and computer use
The antidote to Tinder? Majority of dating app users want relationship, rather than hook-ups, study finds
The truth behind who really buys sex dolls, from the man who makes the most realistic ones you can buy
- 1 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 2 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 3 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 4 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
- 5 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Real finally get their man with £29m bid for Manchester United goalkeeper
£28000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£22000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company's mission is to ma...
£13832 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This 5 star leisure destination on the w...
£20000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Account Manager is requ...