Health Update: Hip protector
Tuesday 19 January 1993
Their study, which involved more than 600 elderly residents of a Danish nursing home, found that use of the protector reduced the risk of hip fracture by 53 per cent.
However, the residents did not take to the protectors: only 25 per cent wore them regularly. The authors suggest in the Lancet that the device should be redesigned to make it more acceptable.
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
UK police to start seizing drivers' mobile phones after all crashes
Want to reduce the risk of disease? Abandon shaking hands, and start bumping fists...
Standing my ground: If sitting is bad for your health, what happens when you stay on your feet for a whole month?
Primark forced to remove skinny-looking mannequin with protruding ribs after customer complaint
- 1 Secret Cinema: Why were Back to the Future screenings cancelled?
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 4 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 5 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
£26000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly successful international media organ...
£35000 - £41000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: QA Manager -...
Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: LONDON - BANKING / PROPERTY FINANCE - ...
£28000 - £30000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: An ambitious...