Health Update: Hip protector
Tuesday 19 January 1993
Their study, which involved more than 600 elderly residents of a Danish nursing home, found that use of the protector reduced the risk of hip fracture by 53 per cent.
However, the residents did not take to the protectors: only 25 per cent wore them regularly. The authors suggest in the Lancet that the device should be redesigned to make it more acceptable.
Life & Style blogs
Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet: beautiful screen and slim body mean Android finally has an iPad rival
Another transgender model lands contract with top agency IMG
Man charged £223,000 for six craft beers
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Video claims California will be hit by huge earthquake because of the alignment of the planets — but it’s probably wrong
- 1 Stolen Instagram photo sells for $90,000
- 2 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 3 UK's biggest male rape charity Survivors UK has state funding slashed to zero despite 120% rise in men reporting sexual violence and seeking help
- 4 'Don't blame all men for rape' campaign backfires spectacularly
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
£17000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Engineers for field & bench ser...
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity for a t...
£35000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This global provider of call ce...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: By developing intimate relationships with inte...